VCDS beta 14.2.0 released!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I am downloading it right now as I type this message (oops, it is now done downloading). Version 14.x is required to be able to use the new HEX-NET interface with a USB cable or with a wi-fi connection and the Windows VCDS program. I was wondering when this would be released as some people have already received their HEX-NET interfaces. Thanks for the "heads up".

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. So far it is not on the regular download page. You have to search the RT site for "VCDS 14.2" and you will find the download link. If you don't feel like searching, here is the direct link: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/beta/14-2.html

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is there a change log for it? Or is this only for the hex-net owners?
I do not think that a change log has been published yet, but it is not only for HEX-NET. The biggest change is just in the setup screen. Older versions let you choose between com ports or USB. Version 14.x just adds a "NET" option for connecting the program to the HEX-NET interface. It will still work with the cable interfaces just like earlier versions.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Since version 12.12.2 now has the same new data files, I am not certain what will be gained by "upgrading" to the beta version if not using a HEX-NET interface, but it will work just fine.

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat NMS TDI SEL Premium
I do not think that a change log has been published yet, but it is not only for HEX-NET. The biggest change is just in the setup screen. Older versions let you choose between com ports or USB. Version 14.x just adds a "NET" option for connecting the program to the HEX-NET interface. It will still work with the cable interfaces just like earlier versions.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. Since version 12.12.2 now has the same new data files, I am not certain what will be gained by "upgrading" to the beta version if not using a HEX-NET interface, but it will work just fine.
i noticed that in 12.12.2 the labels are separated into labels and labels.old, while beta 14.2 has labels separated into labels,labels.old,labels.older and also a labels.oldest, so if nothing else, beta 14.2.0 does filter the UDS more efficiently/realistically, if nothing else...

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
so if nothing else, beta 14.2.0 does filter the UDS more efficiently/realistically, if nothing else...
That is certainly possible. That is why I said that I am not certain what would be gained by upgrading to the Beta version instead of saying that there is nothing to be gained by the upgrade. I am not privy to the internal workings of either version. Luckily my '09 doesn't have any UDS modules, so this would only matter when I am scanning someone else's car.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. My Hex-Net interface is supposed to arrive today, so I should have more info and feedback tomorrow.

Last edited:

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
i noticed that in 12.12.2 the labels are separated into labels and labels.old, while beta 14.2 has labels separated into labels,labels.old,labels.older and also a labels.oldest
Any file or folder that's got a .old, .older, or .oldest extension is simply a backup of what was there before the installer ran. We do this because people sometimes fiddle with the contents of certain folders and complained rather loudly when older (many years ago) version of our installer over-wrote what they had done.

-Uwe-

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat NMS TDI SEL Premium
14.2.3 is out now and automatically records mileage on scans...

Also great is that they have redone the adaptation and coding of European Bluetooth boxes(specifically the 3C8035730 series) so I finally got around to having it properly coded:D

Last edited: