vband flange for GTB turbos?

lqbweb

TDI
TDI 1.9 130
anyone knows a flange for the exhaust outlet of a GTB turbo, made in CNC (without welding), to adapt a v-band fitting to the downpipe?

or maybe anybody can do it for me? I would need to make the drawings (or if anyone has already got them)

Thanks!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Does anyone know of a current solution to this problem?
no. most turbos that fit up to a TDI do not have this. have it welded. the price your going to pay for a shop to weld one on for you is nothing compared to the alternative of making one work. also the vast majority of turbos are Cast Iron on the exhaust side. meaning very few of them would be cast with the v band. also having a v band welded to cast is incredibly difficult and almost guaranteed not to last. Not unless it was also cast iron.
Make a flange out of stainless, weld the v band on it and move on with life. about $200 at a high end welder, throw some beers my way and ill weld it up for you for half that provided you have the materials and it mocked up!

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
You can buy the Bmw 330d turbo exhaust housing of the gtb2260v that has the vband flange...failing that a stainless steel flange and a vband flange welded to each other is the easiest solution !

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Does anyone know of a current solution to this problem?
Malone has a nice v-band adapter for your '13. Needs to be an Audi GTB turbine housing with even spaced holes on it though. Mine fits great with a rawtek downpipe meant for the stock application...same as your '13

Last edited:

Nemo312

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI
Malone has a nice v-band adapter for your '13. Needs to be an Audi GTB turbine housing with even spaced holes on it though. Mine fits great with a rawtek downpipe meant for the stock application...same as your '13
Dang, I'm not sure how I had never seen that one before. It is perfect. I already have the materials to weld one together, but if that fails I will buy the malone one.

smoking

TDI
A5 3.0 TDI quattro + Golf II AFN + Golf IV ASZ
Just curious why having a Vband is relevant to you?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
If Nemo wants to upgrade their turbo, but retain their current downpipe..nice and easy
That adapter also allows the DPF to remain if you go that route.

Nemo312

TDI
2013 VW Golf TDI
Just curious why having a Vband is relevant to you?
Yeah I have a buzzken downpipe with v band thats been on my car for about a year. Just got my gtb2060vklr in the mail and would like to keep the downpipe I already spent a lot of money on if possible. Which it sounds like it's no problem at all!

smoking

TDI
A5 3.0 TDI quattro + Golf II AFN + Golf IV ASZ
You could probably got the 2260VKLR made with a BMW turbine housing like the one on the right of the photo. But not all v bands have the same diameter.