Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - June 27

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Well it's that time again. May was a bit of a weird month as we didn't have a TDI GTG in Vancouver, but there was Jorry's annual GTG in Lake Stevens, Washington, which, despite some less than perfect weather, was a great success!! But now it's time to get back to our regular "local" GTGs.

So the date of the next GTG will be on June 27th at 11 am until whenever the last person leaves. The address is Unit 8 30508 Great Northern Ave, which is the 3rd street after you exit Highway #1 at the Mt.Lehman exit. There's penty of parking and everyone is welcome. There will be kids and dogs so feel free to bring the whole family! Just make sure to bring some camping chairs to sit in as seating is pretty much non-existent.

Link to Google Maps

So far, the interest and attendance has been pretty decent and as such, this will be a monthly deal. And the shop that's hosting the GTG (JS Performance) has mentioned to me that they're looking at TDI Club specials on things like maintenance and related items, as long as there's enough people showing up, so let's make sure we get those TDI's out to the GTG!!

Food and Drink Sign-up

1. glitdi - potato salad or smokies
2. BlackSunshine - cookies ?
3. Chris1981 - pop and smokies
4. icecap - burgers and buns
5. Lat - Timbits
6. CAATS_MAN - something
7. crashtested -something

Parts and Maintenance Supplies To Order

Last edited:

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
I am in!
Don know what to bring though.
Potato Salad?
Maybee smokies?

BlackSunshine

TDI
Tdi 1.9L ALH
I should be able to make it - hopefully the weather is a bit better... :cool:

My GF makes some pretty good cookies - I'll try to get her to make a batch to bring along.

Last edited:

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
June 20 GTG

Am also sorry that I won't be able to make it this time,other than being Father's day is my elder son Birthday.
Cheers
Tony

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey Guys i wont make it either as we are going camping. Hope you all do have a good time and hope to see you at the next GTG.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
The 27th works great for me, count me in Ed and I'll bring a party tray of finger food from costco. Is it possible to change the date in the header of your post since it indicates june 20th, which might prevent someone from opening it and reading that it's on the 27th?

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
icecap said:
The 27th works great for me, count me in Ed and I'll bring a party tray of finger food from costco. Is it possible to change the date in the header of your post since it indicates june 20th, which might prevent someone from opening it and reading that it's on the 27th?
I tried, but the editting feature doesn't allow changing the post title, it only lets you add a header to the first post, just above the body text. :rolleyes:

Lat

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35d, 2006 Jetta TDI
Dang, I haven't been out to a TDI GTG in ages!

I'll definitely try to make it out; and if I do, I'll bring some timbits...

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Ed's TDI said:
I tried, but the editting feature doesn't allow changing the post title, it only lets you add a header to the first post, just above the body text. :rolleyes:
It's been updated now. :) As for attendance, I'm still less than a 50% chance at the current rate.:(

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
C'mon people, we need to start getting more people to commit to this. I know a lot of people have a habit of just showing up, but it's important to have a good showing on here so first-timers will see that it's not just the same few people all the time and not feel welcome.

BUMP!! :D :D :D :D

CAATS_Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Pkg2, ESP, DSG, & 8 airbags
Ed:
I don't seem to be able to access the list but I'll be there. I'm not sure what to bring yet.

CAATS_MAN

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
I'm in!!

Don't know want to bring other then myself being this will be my first time :eek:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well it looks like I won't be able to make this GTG. I can't get the time off from work. Hopefully someone else can bring some burgers in my place! :(

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
Well it looks like I won't be able to make this GTG. I can't get the time off from work. Hopefully someone else can bring some burgers in my place! :(
I'll bring burger patties and a dozen keiser buns instead Ed. How about condiments? Does Jose have those or does someone need to bring those?

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks Frank! There should be the usual condiments at the shop. If not, there's a supermarket just the other side of the highway by the automall.

Wish I could make it but there's bound to be 1 or 2 of these GTG's that I won't be able to make.:(

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Ed I will be a little late wont be showing up till about 12 12:30
Still coming out though

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Sorry I'm out now. My son's soccer game was rescheduled.

Selkie

TDI
2001 black TDI 2 door
Days ago I bought my first TDI, a 2001 Golf and I'd like to come and talk to everyone if I can make it. Sometimes last minute work comes up so I'm not sure as far as planning ahead goes. Are you usually still going around 1-2pm? Good to know there's a grocery store across the street for last minute offerings...

Last edited:

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks again!

Thanks again Jose and Leigh-Anne for hosting another TDI Club GTG. I appreciate your contribution that is most generous and commendable in light of working 6 days a week, sometimes into the night and then giving up your day off to host these events. The weather wasn't with us this time but hopefully we can have a better turn out next time.
Frank

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks again Jose and Leigh-Anne at Js performance.
Need a stronger turn out next time however still nice to see some Tdi peoples.
When is the next one Ed?