Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - FINALLY!!!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Well, after a year-long haitus, it's high time we started up a monthly TDI Club GTG in the Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland area. After talking with Leigh-Anne and Jose at JS Performance about it, they've gaciously offered to host the GTG at their shop in Abbotsford on one Sunday a month!! (Thanks guys!!)

So the date of the first GTG will be on February 7th at 11am until whenever the last person leaves. The address is Unit 8 30508 Great Northern Ave, which is the 3rd street after you exit Highway #1 at the Mt.Lehman exit. There's penty of parking and everyone is welcome. There will be kids and dogs so feel free to bring the whole family! Just make sure to bring some camping chairs to sit in as seating is pretty much non-existent.

Link To Google Maps

As I post this, JSP is in the process of trying to out together some competitively priced things members might need like oil/filter combos and such so if anyone has anything they need, please be sure to post up so they can look into it and try and get stuff available.

For the first GTG, it's going to pretty much be a social gathering only, unless people are comfortable performing minor maintenance or servicing in the parking lot. But Jose has said there's a possibility of opening a hoist for future GTG's if there's enough interest.

As was the usual practice at previous GTG's, there will be a BBQ on-hand so we can cook up some burgers or dogs or whatever else people want to bring. If everyone brings something to contribute and share, there'll be plenty of food and drink for everyone, so please post what you're bringing and I'll update the list as we go.

So let's hope that we get a good turnout for what will hopefully be a regular monthly GTG, something to bring together old friends and hopefully new faces as well!

Food and Drink Sign-up

1. Ed's TDI - burgers and buns
2. quadcomm - tortilla chips and layered dip
3. whatnxt- I'll think of something
4. Springbok - To be announced
5. beatdownvictim - Big League Chew (?)
6. Tyron-TDI - (?)
7. sparke - drinks

Parts and Maintenance Supplies To Order

Last edited:

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Thank you Ed and JSP for putting this together!

Food and Drink Sign-up

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
fixumrich said:
I will be there ! If I can get my Canadian Passport . Damm border Partrol . R
Mine is supposed to be here no later than 3/3/10. So I will try to make it up for the March GTG.
Finally a proper road trip for the car.:D
O.C.

Last edited:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I guess it's time for me to get off my butt and get my passport...:D

I'm sure I won't be able to get it in time for the Feb. party, but I'll do my best to make it to the next one.

I sure miss all you guys up in the Great White North!!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
If only I were allowed into Canada :eek: This would be the closest GTG for me besides Jorry's annual shindig :cool:

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey Guys,i will come by but probally not he first one . As i wanted to get some GTG going but to much happened in the mean time that i had no time for it.Sure is about time that somw started another GTG here and i am glad the Jose is doing it. Cant wait to see old faces and new once..I will let you know for sure if i cant come.

Harald

CAATS_Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Pkg2, ESP, DSG, & 8 airbags
Great idea but a bad time for me; I'm working @ YVR (Olympic Volunteer) on the 7th. The pay ain't great but it's all tax free! :D

Curt

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
GTG Again

Glad to see another GTG coming together as it's been a long time. Sadly I have to pass on this one as I have every weekend spoken for for the next month as I promised to help my daughter who is due to have her first in March complete a bathroom renovation while also helping my elderly parents pack, move and get settled in their retirement seniors condo in February. Consider me a definite yes for the following one as I'm looking foreword to seeing everyone again and to meet some new people as well.

Springbok

TDI
2006 Golf TDi
Thanks Ed for sending the message! Just marked it down on the iCal! I am looking forward to this and am rooting for a good turnout!

Food and Drink Sign-up

4. Springbok - To be announced

anasopia

Veteran Member
TDI
02 .:R-TDI
oh damn!!!
this is the best news evar! I've been lookin forward to something like this!
this is also the worst timing evar! I work sunday's from 11:30-6:30 :(
How late do you guys plan on running the show? Id still have to drive an "hour" so I'm lookin at getting there for 7'sh?

This is what I need:
1. Oil change stuffs
2. skid plate?

I also have parts that I would love to have access to the hoist to install:
1. Audi TT Brakes (waiting on the hub carriers)
2. Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers

and the mandrel bent steel pipes and bigger injectors also need to be installed!

-- I would be bringing BURGARS!

beatdownvictim

TDI
2009 JETTA TDI
This sounds like a rather intersting meet!
i still have big league chew from the last GTG we were suppose to go to.

hm......... interesting stuf

oh and Mark/Quadcomm, check your pm!

Tyron-TDI

TDI
2000 Golf Dark Blue
This should be great, I will be there for sure, don't know what I will be bringing yet though. see you all there.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
anasopia said:
oh damn!!!
this is the best news evar! I've been lookin forward to something like this!
this is also the worst timing evar! I work sunday's from 11:30-6:30 :(
How late do you guys plan on running the show? Id still have to drive an "hour" so I'm lookin at getting there for 7'sh?

This is what I need:
1. Oil change stuffs
2. skid plate?

I also have parts that I would love to have access to the hoist to install:
1. Audi TT Brakes (waiting on the hub carriers)
2. Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers

and the mandrel bent steel pipes and bigger injectors also need to be installed!

-- I would be bringing BURGARS!
I don't think it'll be going on that long unfortunately. Too bad, it would have been great to meet you, and give me a chance to thank you for the offer for the ride back in Dec.

Hopefully this will be a monthly event, although it's likely to be on Sundays because the shop is open on Saturdays, so maybe, if you get enough notice, you can make some arrangements at work to attend one of the future GTG's.

As for the parts you want, give JSP a call during business hours from Tues. to Sat. and I'm sure they'll be able to hook you up with the things you need. 1-877-557-900.

series1000

TDI
01 Golf TDI
Cool, I just happened to check the site in time to see this!
Now i gotta get my shocks and struts done before then. And I'll have to phone about a skid plate.

whiterayven

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
quadcomm said:
I saw your trunk LED kit in a MKIV a couple days ago. It's really bright, helps to see in the trunk easier at night. Sent you a PM.
Are you going to be out tomorrow? I can bring one for you. Do you have a golf or a jetta?

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Yes, I'm coming to the meet tomorrow. I have a MKV Jetta.

Note for others: I won't be doing any tuning tomorrow but I'll answer questions. I'm in the middle of evolving my business with incorporation, new invoicing system, new tools, etc.

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, considering the typical West (wet) Coast weather and the fact that it was Super Bowl Sunday, we had a pretty decent turnout for our first GTG of 2010! A total of 15 cars and somewhere around 25 people came out to Abbotsford to hang out, talk diesel and enjoy some grub!! :D

Thanks to JSP for hosting the GTG! Jose was kind enough to answer all sorts of questions about VW's and TDI's and he helped out one unfortunate person who managed to lock his keys in the back of his Golf (**cough cough Ryan cough cough**) and Leigh-Anne did a great job of setting things up for everyone's comfort! And thanks to everyone that contributed to the food! We had a great feast (awesome ribs, Grace!! :cool: ) with more than enough food for everyone, even the rugrats! LOL!;)

Hopefully this will be a monthly event and maybe it'll help attract some new members, as well as get some of the old gang back together. It was great seeing and meeting everyone and I look forward to doing it again real soon!

ps. If anyone took pics, plea post them up. I forgot to bring a camera! :eek:

Tyron-TDI

TDI
2000 Golf Dark Blue
It was a great meet, always good to meet other enthusiasts and learn new things, can't wait for the next one!

Also a huge thanks to Ed for organizing and JSP for hosting.

Last edited:

whiterayven

TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI
Ed's TDI said:
I don't think it'll be going on that long unfortunately. Too bad, it would have been great to meet you, and give me a chance to thank you for the offer for the ride back in Dec.

Hopefully this will be a monthly event, although it's likely to be on Sundays because the shop is open on Saturdays, so maybe, if you get enough notice, you can make some arrangements at work to attend one of the future GTG's.

As for the parts you want, give JSP a call during business hours from Tues. to Sat. and I'm sure they'll be able to hook you up with the things you need. 1-877-557-900.[/quote

It was indeed a good time. A big thanks to JSP and whoever else I mooched food from. I was going to bring tim bits, but I'm glad I didn't! There would have been far too much food if I had.

Also for the record that is the only time i've ever locked my keys in my car! (unless it counts when you do it on purpose to warm the car up in the winter.)

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Thank you Jose, Leigh-Anne, Ed, and others for organizing the meet :) Nice to see new and old faces.

Ryan (whiterayven) thanks for the trunk LED.

TDI
2000 Jetta Tdi
Thanks Josee and Leigh-Anne for hosting a great event and thanks for answering my questions :D Now I know what I need to do, first thing Race Pipe and then MUFFLERECTOMY or the other way around, I have Deiselitis thanks again Oh yeah my Kids had a blast ant couldnt stop talking about it:D :D :D

Springbok

TDI
2006 Golf TDi
Empty Promises!

Sorry I could not make it out to the meet! I had my camera packed in my car to try and take some cool photo's! My days plans changed to say the least and I was unable to drive out! I am for sure rooting to come out to next months! Sounds like it was lots of fun!