Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - April 25th

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Well it's that time again. April has been kind of a busy month with Easter weekend and a lot of kids still out on Spring Break so we kinda had to make this month's GTG a little later.

So the date of the next GTG will be on April 25th at 11 am until whenever the last person leaves. The address is Unit 8 30508 Great Northern Ave, which is the 3rd street after you exit Highway #1 at the Mt.Lehman exit. There's penty of parking and everyone is welcome. There will be kids and dogs so feel free to bring the whole family! Just make sure to bring some camping chairs to sit in as seating is pretty much non-existent.

Link to Google Maps

So far, the interest and attendance has been pretty decent and as such, this will be a monthly deal. And the shop that's hosting the GTG (JS Performance) has mentioned to me that they're looking at TDI Club specials on things like maintenance and related items, as long as there's enough people showing up, so let's make sure we get those TDI's out to the GTG!!

Food and Drink Sign-up

1. Ed's TDI - burgers and buns
2. Zedbra (maybe)
3. icecap - 7 layer dip and several large bags of chips

Parts and Maintenance Supplies To Order

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Unless I am in Oregon, I will be there. may bring the family as well. Is JS giving sweet deals on skid plates? :)

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
Hey Jory,

Not to take any thunder away from the BC GTG. That's a little too far for me to drive.

Just wondering if you're planning to host a GTG this year at your place? One of my all time favorite GTG locations.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
whyfish said:
Hey Jory,

Not to take any thunder away from the BC GTG. That's a little too far for me to drive.

Just wondering if you're planning to host a GTG this year at your place? One of my all time favorite GTG locations.

S/B May or in June. Doing some kitchen upgrades (my definition and $) or kitchen renovation (wife wants, $$$). That will determine when. Need a kitchen for the GTG.

Jorry

Scaps

TDI
2010 Audi A3 TDI
Tentative yes. I get back from a week of training on Sat, so depends on energy level.

I'm thinking of doing the splash guards there. Hmm..... I'm definitely ready for a longish drive in the new car.....

Are there going to be some basic tools available? Don't want to pack a tool kit if I don't need to.

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
Zedbra said:
Unless I am in Oregon, I will be there. may bring the family as well. Is JS giving sweet deals on skid plates? :)
Hello again Zedbra,

If you purchase the skid plate the day of the GTG we offer 10% off - so the final cost of the skid plate to you would be $270.00 Canadian plus taxes.

And you may also ask a few fellow tdi members to help with the install that day :) - saving you $ on installation.

Scaps said:
Are there going to be some basic tools available? Don't want to pack a tool kit if I don't need to.
No tools required - we have a full selection of tools that the TDI Club members are more than welcome to use - but the more specialized tools will be off limits to TDI Members and will only be used by the staff members in attendance.

Leigh-Anne

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
LA@JSPerformance.ca said:
Hello again Zedbra,

If you purchase the skid plate the day of the GTG we offer 10% off - so the final cost of the skid plate to you would be $270.00 Canadian plus taxes.

And you may also ask a few fellow tdi members to help with the install that day :) - saving you $ on installation.

No tools required - we have a full selection of tools that the TDI Club members are more than welcome to use - but the more specialized tools will be off limits to TDI Members and will only be used by the staff members in attendance.

Leigh-Anne
Right on! Sounds like i gotta go now!

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new set of Weathertech in-channel front window visors for a MK5 sitting in my garage. I could bring them along if someone wants to snag them for $50. I totally forgot about them till I saw them yesterday.

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Well you can count me in.And as always i will bring the sausages.And our Puppy will come to as my Co-Pilot so the kids can Play with him. hope to see ya all there.

AKWALKABOUT

TDI
1996 B4 TDI 1Z
firming the plans for taking the ferry from port angeles, will be bringing the B4 and some fun projects

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Bring whatever you want. If it doesn't get consumed, you can take it home with you.

AK - it'll be great having you at the GTG but it may be quicker to drive to Abbotsford than to take the ferry, unless it's a different ferry than the one I'm thinking of.

Springbok

TDI
2006 Golf TDi
Hello Hello,

Well I have to say that I will actually and 100% be able to make it out to this meet this Sunday!

I will be a little bit late due to another scheduled event, and I will grab some sort of food item when I stop in!

On a side note I will be picking up my new coils tomorrow and have scheduled them to be installed along with my new wheels for Saturday, so it will not only be my first BC TDi meet appearance but it will also be a debut appearance with a whole new stance on the car!

I will bring my camera along to snap some shots of the meet as well!

Looking forward to this.

1. Ed's TDI - burgers and buns
2. Zedbra (maybe)
3. icecap - 7 layer dip and several large bags of chips
4. Springbok - To be announced...

sparke

TDI
09 jetta
Hi lenna this is royce i am still looking for the wire harness for my digi box for the 09 jetta tdi. Could you call me to let me know if it is coming still my cell number is 778-889-3266 thanks

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
sparke said:
Hi lenna this is royce i am still looking for the wire harness for my digi box for the 09 jetta tdi. Could you call me to let me know if it is coming still my cell number is 778-889-3266 thanks
Joe Hafner is coming on Sunday - I will ask him to bring it with him when he comes.

helmut

TDI
2005 Golf
LOWER Mainland Meeting TDI Club

I can bring finger foods eg Salad and greens or sandwich platter
Let me know what works
Helmut

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Scaps said:
Confirming I'll be there. Will grab whatever looks tasty at the store...
I call dibs on the firstride in the A3 TDI!!! ;)

It'll be great to have some more of our Southern Neighbours attend our humble GTG!!! :D

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Well i will be there with the Wife and the Dog who just had his hair cut . Sorry i forgot to get the good sausages but i will get other good brats tomorrow.. See ja all tomorrow

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
it was nice to put some faces to personalities. Jose and Leigh-Anne are both great people - definitely will be back for future work! Thanks for the GTG discount on the skid plate.

Jose - thank you for the awesome installation of my skid-plate. Though I think we could have got Matt to go a little faster :D

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Wow another excellent GTG on such a nice day. It was nice seeing new faces and off course old once.Thanks to the Jose and Leigh Anne for hosting it and for Ed to do the grunt work. haha

I Apologize to the little once again that Jack ran over as he was in full puppy mode and wanted to play with everyone. But let me tell you he had a lot of fun there,and he is lying right beside me sleeping. Jorry cant wait next month for your GTG and i will find out if we can bring Jack with us across the border.

See ja all there

Harald

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Thank you Jose and Leigh Anne for hosting. Good to see all.

Got home in time to see a good hockey game. I guess the correct team won. :rolleyes: