Vancouver/Lower Mainland GTG - March 27th

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Well it's 2011 and it's time for a TDI GTG!! It's been a long time since our last TDI GTG in Vancouver, but now it's time to get back to our regular "local" GTGs.

So the date of the next GTG will be on March 27th at 11 am until whenever the last person leaves. The address is Unit 8 30508 Great Northern Ave, which is the 3rd street after you exit Highway #1 at the Mt.Lehman exit. There's penty of parking and everyone is welcome. There will be kids and dogs so feel free to bring the whole family! Just make sure to bring some camping chairs to sit in as seating is pretty much non-existent.

Link to Google Maps

Last year the interest and attendance was pretty decent but let's try and get some more interest and enthusiasm so we can make 2011 a better year for GTG's!! And don't forget that the shop that's hosting the GTG (JS Performance) has mentioned to me that they're looking at TDI Club specials on things like maintenance and related items, as long as there's enough people showing up, so let's make sure we get those TDI's out to the GTG!!

Food and Drink Sign-up

1. Ed's TDI - burgers/hotdogs/buns
2. Jose and family - usual snacks and drinks ;)
3. Zedbra - pop and juice for kids
4. Malone Tuning - a cheese platter
5. Meangreen- sausages
6. whatnxt
7. glitdi
8. icecap - snack tray
9. Ghastly - Greek salad
10. Bravo19r - Coffee (Timmies and Charbucks ;))

Parts and Maintenance Supplies To Order

Last edited:

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
Food and Drink Sign-up

1. Ed's TDI - burgers/hotdogs/buns
2. Jose and family - usual snacks and drinks ;)

Parts and Maintenance Supplies To Order

Turbine

TDI
2000 Golf
Dang! I'll be in Mexico at an All Inclusive 5 star. Enjoy Harald's huge sausage everybody! Hope I can make April!

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Damn it!! We'll be in Salmon Armpit that week!

Dean

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI(Sold)
I'd like to try and come. Must I bring something?:eek:

My work schedule changes every week though(this includes weekends) and I won't know until the previous week.:eek:

thekidfan

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf 2DR 5 SPD, 02 Golf 4DR 5 SPD
I'd like to try and come. Must I bring something?:eek:

My work schedule changes every week though(this includes weekends) and I won't know until the previous week.:eek:

I doubt it but wouldn't you want to? :cool:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's not a requirement of attendance to contribute to the food, but even the smallest contribution is appreciated. Even some donuts from Timmies is a good offering that won't go to waste.

Dean

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI(Sold)
It's not a requirement of attendance to contribute to the food, but even the smallest contribution is appreciated. Even some donuts from Timmies is a good offering that won't go to waste.
That sounds doable. :eek: (I was expecting some sort of home-cooked meal:eek:)

But do I need to register or can I drop-in if I can make it?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No this isn't TDI Fest, it's just a casual come-as-you-are, bring-what-you-want, stay-as-long-as-you-want get-together! The more the merrier! Bring the wife and kids, the dog, the neighbor, or come alone, it's all good!

Bravo19r

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2K4 Jetta Variant TDI (RIP), 1996 B4V 1.9 TDI (Re-Homed), 2010 Jetta TDI Highline
I am in. I will bring my German Tractor (thx glitdi).

I will bring a couple boxes of coffee, one from Timmies and one from *Bucks for the coffee conisours.

HAHAHAHA:cool:

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Unfortunately I work Sundays at noon, so these GTGs don't work for me. I'd love to meet all you guys though... One day ;) !!

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Ain't gonna happen for this one, sorry. Too much really important stuff going on at work, and I just had a kid. Hopefully the next one I can take the day...

Have a great GTG!
-Chris

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Come on folks we can have a better turn out than this. I know it is still cold out there at times but it is getting nicer so we should get some more folks out here. If you are new to the site or old it is always nice to see new people

It's probably the neighborhood, Abbotsford is the new Surrey.

And Ghaslty i guess Tsawwassen is the cream of the crop to live :eek:

Springbok

TDI
2006 Golf TDi
I would love to make it out to this event! But as it stands right now, I am scheduled to be up in the interior for the weekend. Plans might change though.

Can't wait for a chance to make it out to these events, I really need to get know some of you folks better.

anasopia

Veteran Member
TDI
02 .:R-TDI
I'm scheduled to work 9:30-6, and the location of the meet is an hour's drive from Richmond, but I've wanted to come out for over a year now, and unless its snowing I'll be going to work "late" :b
Anybody wanna meet up for the drive there? I plan on heading out at 10 from Richmond. PM or reply here!
I'll bring some chips or somesing :b