Value of VCDS HEX CAN cable?

andrewspearns

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDi Highline
Logging in for the first time in quite a while, I moved from TDi to a MK7.5 2018 Golf R in 2019 and recently moved my wife in to a 2019 Tiguan R-Line. I have an authentic Ross Tech HEX CAN interface, one of the nice unlimited VIN models. It works with the majority of modules on my Golf R, but nothing in my 2019 Tiguan. Looking to sell and either move to the 3 VIN model or some other OBD scanner that will allow me to access long coding and adaptations.

What's the market value for these cables? Looking to post it but not sure what to put for a price, not looking to get fleeced as a seller and not looking to fleece a buyer.

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
How much is a HEX+CAN worth? Well according to my sources, well over $400:
Mind you, those sold new for $350 and were discontinued 5 years ago due to compatibility issues with 2016 and newer vehicles. IMHO, these are not collectable items like "new in box" NES video games that are totally worth millions. :rolleyes:

Registered customers can trade in their previous generation interface for a current generation interface at a discounted price.

Depending on what upgrade option one goes with, there is $150 or $200 credit for trading in the registered HEX+CAN. If you have any questions, give us a call and we can explain your options and see what would the best fit for your needs.

Regards.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I'd list it in the FS section... just about everyone on here would be interested in it, especially those with multiple VAG vehicles in their family\driveway.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
There you go. Sold new for $350, ebay prices-silly. You'll do good to get $200. Important part is what cars it covers and if you can register it for support and upgrades (software download is generally free). Put up on
Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Not to burst your bubble, but to buy a used VCDS and register it in the new owners name can cost nearly what a brand new unit costs. So unless you find a dumb sucker who does not know that, you're lucky to sell it.

andrewspearns

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDi Highline
Chill out mate. First, it's a choice not a necessity to register it. These cables are fully functional without being registered. Second, your message is a bit agressive, has this place descended to the likes of FB groups?

I did manage to find a local buyer, and had several solid offers on this forum. I wouldn't call any of them dumb suckers...

So not to burst your bubble, but move along and find a new corner to spread your cheer on.

Not to burst your bubble, but to buy a used VCDS and register it in the new owners name can cost nearly what a brand new unit costs. So unless you find a dumb sucker who does not know that, you're lucky to sell it.