Value of 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ 6 Speed Manual?

PilotPat24

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6 Speed Manual
Hi Guys,

What do you think the value is for a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with a 6 Speed Manual Transmission with about 60,000 miles? I am thinking about putting mine up for sale?

Thanks,

Pat

631-404-2219

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
The year has more effect on value than I realized. Some may tend to group cars in their head like "2011-2014" and then rate on exposure to the elements within that group. Like a 2011 stored 100% inside versus a 2014 parked outside both with 60k. I would value the 2011 higher myself, but dealers and resellers may not calculate that out the same. I guess belts, seals and the rest do age even stored well, but I never got that part of valuations.

Local market has a big part too. I paid $1200 to ship my car from the east coast because it had the options I wanted. It still ended being cheaper than similar local cars. I'd say your car is worth minimum $9000 in a bad market, maybe anywhere up to $16k in a good sellers market. Probably some where in the middle. Locally for me they seem to be at the top part of that range.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
Fuel prices IMO will have an impact also. You may want to wait a couple of months if you are in a position to do so. Its the whole reason I got mine instead of a 2.0t 6spd Tiguan which I was a hair's breadth from pulling the trigger on. Its just a guess of course, but I see TDI's going up in cost in the near future.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Not sure I could talk the wife into another VW diesel, but that sure is tempting! Good luck on your decision.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Fuel prices IMO will have an impact also. You may want to wait a couple of months if you are in a position to do so. Its the whole reason I got mine instead of a 2.0t 6spd Tiguan which I was a hair's breadth from pulling the trigger on. Its just a guess of course, but I see TDI's going up in cost in the near future.
IMO its all about past ownership. 2011-14 doesn't matter as much as maintenance, care & mileage. The newest year have the most time on the warranty if the mileage balances with it. The 6 manual, low mile, 14' is definitely a plus.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
I think localized fuel prices are part of the discrepancy in TDI values state to state. I have already paid over $4 a gallon for premium gasoline a couple times here in CA. If I were over in a low cost fuel state I would probably have bought a v8 car instead of a TDI, no joke.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
Put your car for sale on this site, and ask for offers, you'll get a better idea what it is worth to people here who are enthusiasts.

UK Rocker

TDI
2013 SportWagen
Hey everyone, I’m thinking about putting my Sportwagon up for sale here in Virginia.
I’ve had it almost three years now and enjoyed changing gears, but now going back to automatic.
My car is in very good condition with the Panoramic Sunroof and has been well looked after.
Have not compiled a listing yet. Waiting on better weather. Thought I would test the water here first.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Put your car for sale on this site, and ask for offers, you'll get a better idea what it is worth to people here who are enthusiasts.
I always liked that route as the market determines what it will sell for. Problem is there is the one or two out there that will raise hell because the "for sale" section wants a price on the listing... Unfortunately. I know I advertised "best offer" before. Gotta wonder.

Anyway the o.p. did ask our thoughts. I'd venture to say from the minimal info & no pictures or history it would start around what turbobrick suggest. More complete info., area, time of year and lastly how badly this "non essential" government employee drives the economy into the ground will tell. Id the wait out for taxes or traveling weather

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Prices seem to be highly dependent on part of country you are in. Prices seem to be getting softer for these in the midwest, at least during winter. It will be interesting to see if they bounce back a little come spring.

Used, I've seen some very attractive prices in some areas while other areas seem to be in more demand. You'll need to see what they are going for on CL, facebook mktplce, etc in your area. On this site you may get someone willing to travel for it if they are more rare in their area.

PilotPat24

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6 Speed Manual
I always liked that route as the market determines what it will sell for. Problem is there is the one or two out there that will raise hell because the "for sale" section wants a price on the listing... Unfortunately. I know I advertised "best offer" before. Gotta wonder.

Anyway the o.p. did ask our thoughts. I'd venture to say from the minimal info & no pictures or history it would start around what turbobrick suggest. More complete info., area, time of year and lastly how badly this "non essential" government employee drives the economy into the ground will tell. Id the wait out for taxes or traveling weather
I will put together all of the information to the car next week when I am able to take pictures of the car. The car is located on Long Island, NY.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
All of these cars are not worth much anymore....if you have a "unicorn" and find the right buyer maybe you can get slightly more. But to be honest, the VW fix will kill these things in the near future.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
There is always a fix for a fix..

We need to ship our gas guzzlers over to you guys with $2 gas and get you to ship over your TDIs..

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
Given current fuel prices.. I agree with that valuation if its in good shape. Manuals are turning in to a niche market, which is another variable. You've locked out about 95% of buyers but then again the manual buyers are locked out of 98% of the available cars.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Good luck. There are several '14's with lower mileage listed on cargurus for under $11k.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
I would ask 15k here in Los Angeles. See where it goes and lower my ask if it doesn't sell.

Nationwide looks like seven TDI manuals under 80k under 16k on cargurus. I did not previously try that site.. I used true car and auto tempest. Seems like they may pull their data the same way. I see that same WI one with 52k I was considering on the other sites. The 09 TX with 73k is there too.

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
For 15k, one could possibly get a low mileage 2019 Golf Sportwagen. I don't see any reason to buy expensive old TDIs, certainly not to save on fuel cost.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
Some people only want a diesel.

Agree on the 1.4 TSI. Sounds like its an excellent alternate to a TDI for most use cases. Maybe with the exception of towing. 37 hwy.

she_loves_the_D

Veteran Member
TDI
EA288 (mk7 tdi) kerma 1 million ftlb
Run your vin at the dealership and see if you have anything left on the extended TDI warranty. The one they had to put on after the reflash.
That would significantly increase the value.

From what i am seeing the wagons are the lower priced out of the tdi's. Golfs the highest. But with 60k 9000 seems decent. Maybe 10k if you hace 30k left on the warranty.
Unless its white. Then its only worth 50 bucks :p.

Or you could just be a genius marketer and using this as a way to advertise outside of the classified section where it will get more views. In which case. 🍻

she_loves_the_D

Veteran Member
TDI
Some people only want a diesel.

Agree on the 1.4 TSI. Sounds like its an excellent alternate to a TDI for most use cases. Maybe with the exception of towing. 37 hwy.
I had a 1.4 jetta as a loaner for a few months. They arent bad but man did i miss my tdi. They only get 40 mpg on the freeway. City is under 30. The average stayed around 28 while my tdi was around 34.
Also the tdi is much faster. And the mk7 has an electronic e brake that cuts the gas and also applies the front brake if your still moving. What fun is that?

UK Rocker

TDI
2013 SportWagen
I would ask 15k here in Los Angeles. See where it goes and lower my ask if it doesn't sell.

Nationwide looks like seven TDI manuals under 80k under 16k on cargurus. I did not previously try that site.. I used true car and auto tempest. Seems like they may pull their data the same way. I see that same WI one with 52k I was considering on the other sites. The 09 TX with 73k is there too.

Remember my wagon in VA with 75k?
Are you seeing my posts?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I paid $6800 for my 2010 6MT sportwagen w/ 46k miles. Needs some cosmetic work on the bumper cover and a small dent near the rear wheel that can be PDR’d because it was owned by an old guy who died. But other than that it’s in very nice old man condition.

At the same time there was also a very nice 2010 sportwagen w DSG at a dealership in Florida w/ 70k for $7500. Both were candy white and black uni but mine has no sunroof (which I didn’t want).

ETA: there was also a nice blue 2011 JSW 6MT w/ 50k for $10k w/ sunroof for sale at a dealership here in CA at the same time. This was all last year, May or June.

I think $15k for a 2014 is nuts but it doesn’t mean you can’t get it if you wait and find the right buyer.

Last edited:

she_loves_the_D

Veteran Member
TDI
I paid $6800 for my 2010 6MT sportwagen w/ 46k miles. Needs some cosmetic work on the bumper cover and a small dent near the rear wheel that can be PDR’d because it was owned by an old guy who died. But other than that it’s in very nice old man condition.

At the same time there was also a very nice 2010 sportwagen w DSG at a dealership in Florida w/ 70k for $7500. Both were candy white and black uni but mine has no sunroof (which I didn’t want).

ETA: there was also a nice blue 2011 JSW 6MT w/ 50k for $10k w/ sunroof for sale at a dealership here in CA at the same time. This was all last year, May or June.

I think $15k for a 2014 is nuts but it doesn’t mean you can’t get it if you wait and find the right buyer.
The market has changed a lot since last march.
It seems to be falling back down closer to normal. You know. Since people cant pay rent.
It was crazy high for 2020.