Value 2005 70K Beetle: broken turbo?

bigsexyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB, '04 Jetta
I recently gave the princely sum of $800 for an '02 ALH/01M Beetle that works flawlessly and has a stack of over $10 grand of maintenance reciepts from its life.

Given that I have the superior Engine, but inferior transmission, Oilhammer's estimate of 0-500 is entirely accurate. GLWS.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I thought I'd catch up on some threads, 32 replies and we haven't even started to find the problem.

My advice to BeetlePD. Figure out what you want to do with the car, then come here and either list it, or ask how we can help you fix it. Lots of great people here looking to help....you just gotta ask. I know big decisions can be hard and all, but we cant make up your mind for you. So start with deciding what your doing with the car then go from there

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Well OPs problem was short on cash and how much to sell his TDI for.
Oilhammer hit it right on the money- $0- $500.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Well OPs problem was short on cash and how much to sell his TDI for.
Oilhammer hit it right on the money- $0- $500.
Well no car is worth 0$ but yes i see the point. Scrap will throw about 200$ right now. I would price it at 800-1k$ on craigslist/fb marketplace amd expect people to offer 500$-800$. Car prices are up and now is a good time to sell. tdi's are selling especially well at this time. Around MN there's not much for a 500$ car really, unless its being sold as a part out. i dont remember where beetlepd is from tho so it may be slightly different.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
It’s been 2 weeks since his last post…….I say a scammer……

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
We may have scared him off. Some folks forget to wear the thick skin to the social media place. As for $1000 for a car without A/C, best wait 6 months for that.