Valeo Alternator vs a Bosch Alternator? 2015 TDI Passat

Jacbalson

TDI
2015 TDI SE Passat
I'm driving myself nuts here trying to find an answer. My current alternator decided to strip the pully right off the bolt so my belt came off. I currently have a Valeo style 180 Amp Alternator in it. The problem is the closest one I can find is almost 2,000 miles away. I have PLENTY of Bosch 180 amps Alternators right around the corner from my house but I have no way of knowing if it'll fit, or if it'll fit the belt. Before I have my car towed I want to make sure I have the proper part, OR if I need to find transportation for the next two weeks. TYIA for any info!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Check with IDParts. They should be able to tell you the part number and maybe get one. Don't see any online with them though right now. Good people to deal with! Ordered much stuff from them. Good quality parts!

d2freeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Rock Auto shows the same alternator for the 15 as I bought for my 13 tdi.
BOSCH AL0892N -$277

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Both are good. You can put either in place of the other. The only time it makes a difference is when you're getting parts for them. I'm guessing that your clutch pulley locked up and caused the damage, that's what can happen when they fail.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
"My current alternator decided to strip the pully right off the bolt so my belt came off."

I am assuming it isn't repairable. Alternator shaft damaged beyond repair.

MB2VW

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL,
I'm driving myself nuts here trying to find an answer. My current alternator decided to strip the pully right off the bolt so my belt came off. I currently have a Valeo style 180 Amp Alternator in it. The problem is the closest one I can find is almost 2,000 miles away. I have PLENTY of Bosch 180 amps Alternators right around the corner from my house but I have no way of knowing if it'll fit, or if it'll fit the belt. Before I have my car towed I want to make sure I have the proper part, OR if I need to find transportation for the next two weeks. TYIA for any info!
How many miles at failure?