VAG DPF and alternatives

Wildebeast

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6sp Man
I recently installed VAG DPF on my 2013 JSW MT with CJAA engine. Apparently, it cannot read my engine
even after fiddling with it to try different engines in the app. I have to questions:

1) Is there a trick to syncing them up that I have not discovered?

2) Are their any other alternatives besides VCDS and OBD11 (i.e. Carly, Fixd etc...)?

I am looking for information on the live status of the DPF when driving long distances and if I am going long enough to
regenerate the thing. I make daily journeys on the freeway of about 30 min in duration x 2 per day, plus an extra long
trip on the weekends once per week. Despite this, I have burned through two DPFs in one year. I am considering ripping the
whole thing out but I am still under the Dieselgate warranty. Thus, I do not lay a hand on the car as I do not trust VW.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
So when you say you recently installed, you mean the dealer? As you say you are under dieselgate warranty. What app are you using to try and read the engine module? VCDS is just USB and shouldnt really need any 'syncing'. OBD11 is bluetooth and you just have to select the dongle when starting up the app.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
From my experience contacting the developer, they don't do much in the way of helping in the Americas. I think they're based in Europe somewhere. That's why there's not a lot of choices in there for our cars as he had nothing to test them with. I got it to work with my beetle in the CVCA engine by just choosing other engine choices until one worked. I guess you didn't have luck with that like I did.