Vag-com reading "17964 Charge Pressure Control"

makan911

Vag-com reading \"17964 Charge Pressure Control\"

turbo pres. drups from 0.8 bar to 0.27 bar. after few km´s.
When I restart the engine I get 0.8 bar again and after few km´s the same story. I scanned the ECU with vag-com and get the fault code: "17964 Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation" !!!
Could somebody help me to get the engine fixed??

Thanks

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow

This is the wrong place to post this question.

This is probably just something to do with your turbo control. It could be a cracked vacuum line, bad or gunked up n75 valve or vacuum check valve. It also could be a cracked boost pipe or intercooler or fitting, but you don't mention any noise.

makan911

it doesnt make any noices. the vaccum hoses are replaced. N75 is also checked with tester. it has 12 suply and also 30 ohm resistance. I´m checking the sistem for lacks again and leting you know.
thanks

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow

There is a diagnostic in VAG-COM that exercises the N75 valve. It should click. I think if you still have some vacuum in the reservoir it should also make the turbo actuator move. Have you tried cleaning it out with contact cleaner (something that won't hurt rubber or plastic)?

I once helped a guy out who had the same symptom. I have a diagnostic vacuum/pressure gauge (cheap) that I checked out the vacuum to the EGR valve. I mean, that's starting out from basics, right? It was weak! Turned out a check valve was gummed up - we cleaned it with contact cleaner and compressed air. I guess you could check the vacuum to the turbo as well if you tee'd the gauge in there; it needs vacuum to work the actuator.

They say it is possible to temporarily replace the N75 valve with the egr valve because they are mostly the same. Just be very careful with removing the valves from the nipples.

For laughs you could check to see if you can move the turbo actuator arm. I think when the vanes are sticky it usually causes over, not under pressure.

makan911

thanks a lot. i´m traying to do all mentioned points and leting you know. thanks again

makan911

after I cleaned all flex hoses, N75 and checked for airintakes it seems to be ok. I´m observing the performance and leting you know if it´s 100% solved.
Thanks again

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.

Nice one, foot.