VAG COM owner in Winnipeg?

OldManWinter

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2010
Hi Folks,

I just bought a 2010 TDI Wagon and I want to do the mod with a VAG COM where you can roll your windows down/up with the key fob. If anyone has a CAN compatible VAG COM I'll gladly supply a case of beer for services rendered.

Hydesmith

TDI
2011 Sportwagen (Highline)
I, too, just bought a TDI wagon, a 2004. Does the window/keyfob modification work on this older model? I'm also in Winnipeg.

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
The key fob mod only works on the MK5 and up VW Jetta & Golfs. It will also work on older Audi models.
FALSE!

I have the roll up and down via Keyfob on my MY2000 GTI, it can be done on all MKIV's.

This is without using the alientech unit, all you need is VCDS and some knowhow.

Fabmaclover

TDI
Golf TDI 2010
Hi Folks,
I just bought a 2010 TDI Wagon and I want to do the mod with a VAG COM where you can roll your windows down/up with the key fob. If anyone has a CAN compatible VAG COM I'll gladly supply a case of beer for services rendered.
Got a golf tdi 2010 last december and i just added a rsn 510 unit and also changed my 9w2 bluetooth unit for a 9w7
i need to do the coding for my 9w7, can you hook me up with the contact you have i also live in Winnipeg , thanks

Last edited:

Fabmaclover

TDI
Golf TDI 2010
Fabma - How much was the 9w7 and rsn 510?
the rsn 510 was pricy. when i bought my car the the guy who sold my golf 2010 tdi told me that it will take a good year before the gps/ rsn 510 will be available. 6 months after i purchased my car the rsn510 was available and was pissed at the sale person as i could have waited an extra 6 months instead of to pay the full price. long story short i got it for $2500 and one of his staff bought my original unit for $500. so i got it tax included for $2000. when i asked for the 9w7 they told me that it cost $750 before taxes and i got it from the states shipping included at $350!!!

i contacted the guy in Winnipeg regarding the vag com but he didnt not replied to me yet... have you had the chance to talk to him?

Last edited:

skyede

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hello OldManWinter, just bought a 2001 Golf TDI and looking for a VAG-Com support, because my Airbag light is on after accidentally pulling the fuse.
Also have issues with my auto tranny or turbo, acceleration is very slow like having the e-brake on - any ideas or contact data from the VagCom guy much appreciated - I'm 45 km NE of Wpg Ed

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
I have one but I'm a bit south of the city. I work up on Henderson if you wanted to meet up there. LMK

SkyRyder55

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 1990 Corrado G60 (AHU soon)
i have vag com. drive to pine falls every day during the week from winnipeg. could meet along the way. let me know. can text me. Shoot me a pm

Rawlins

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI
Bluejet, im in your neck of the woods now. Moved to Ile Des Chene a few months ago. Would be nice to meet some other tdi'ers from around manitoba.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
You bet! I drive by Ile Des Chenes every morning and evening on my way to work. I'm actually working with a buddy reviving his 02 Golf TDI right now. Send a pm and we can go for coffee sometime! :)

Forke

TDI
'02 Jetta
'02 Jetta here. The ol' tractor is parked for the winter, but I'm pricing out spring repairs at the moment. Would like to put on new injector nozzles, and it would be nice to check IQ when that is done. Hopefully things will warm up a bit, and I can spend more time in the cold drafty garage. If you/anyone would be willing to lend a hand with the vag com in a few months, it would be greatly appreciated.

Lone Ranger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI Ranger
VCDS/vag-com

I too have vcds for those that need and I'm in river heights(winnipeg) I'm not an official VW/TDIer i guess, as my TDI is in a Ranger. But anyone needing vcds usage fire me an e-mail

jneufel5@shaw.ca

Rawlins

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI
How well does a TDI work in a ranger? Did you modify the engine for more horsepower to compensate for a heavier vehicle?

james12lucy

Veteran Member
TDI
MK-IV Jetta
Hey all,

I may need to get my hands on a VAG-Com sometime soon. I hate that I have to manually unlock the doors when I remove the key. I forgot how convenient it was when they just automatically unlocked...

Cheers!

james12lucy

Veteran Member
TDI
MK-IV Jetta
As an aside, I'm getting intermittent limp mode now. I'm thinking it's an overboost issue, and would love to sort it out. Is anyone here able to lend a hand sometime soon?

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome! Were you the guy that bought the Stonehenge gray wagon from me? If you ever need anything I'm glad to help with what knowledge I have!