VAG-com in Victoria, BC ?

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Hi,
I will be travelling to Vancouver Island/ Victoria on Tuesday and stay there till Thursday and was wondering if anyone has a vag-com in that area? I got my timing belt done a while ago and the shop didn't have one, so I'm curious if my IP timing is where it should be.
Thanks, Bjoern

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
I have one but to be honest I haven't ever used it to check timing. I can look up how to check it but not sure how to adjust it.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Ah that is ok, pretty sure it is accurate, I wouldn't want to waste your time... I see VNT20 I bet that is a difference to mine! :)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wouldn't be a waste of time to help out a fellow TDIer. Besides I'm always happy to meet up and chat TDI with people, especially out-of-towners. If you have some free time Wednesday or Thursday let me know and maybe we can meet up for a coffee.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
I'd have some free time today, I'm staying at the Royal Scot in Downtown... actually I had something weird happening, while driving down, up a hill I downshifted and let it rev to about 3500rpw when I felt a jerk and my turbo stopped working??? I pulled over and restarted and everything was fine again!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sounds like maybe you had an overboost/underboost situation and the car went into limp mode (safe mode). If there's too much deviation between the actual boost and requested boost, the ECU goes into limp mode to avoid any catastrophic failure. Usually restarting the car will reset it. Did you notice any CEL when it happened?