Using B20 in my 2006 PD with no issues

bit_bucket

TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI
I have a 2006 VW Golf TDI PD. My car was at about 25,000 miles when I first started using Biodiesel. I have since been running B20 from a Indiana Biodiesel co-op for the last 10,000 miles and have had no issues. In fact since running the B20, my car will not smoke, no matter how hard I try (anti tailgater). I consistently get 700 plus miles on a tank when vented. I was recently able to get 730 on a tank of B20 with my whole family (5 of us) in the car. The co-op I go to gets the soy bean oil from local indiana growers, in fact they are the farms I commute past every day. The 80% dyno they use is from domestic Ohio basin oil, so not only do I have a clean fuel, it is domestic, my car runs like a sports car with it. I really dig the fact that I can get a completly domestic derived fuel. You gotta support the people and economy of the place in which you live.

Has anyone else had good luck with B20 on a PD Tdi? Just kind of curious if they have run into any issue with hose deterioration. I dont think I will have any problems, but I am just curious.

bit_bucket

TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI
BTW, love the BioTDI badge. Where did you get that. Right now I only have a sticker on my car to try and evangelize Bio Fuels, I would love to purchase something like that.

ALAND

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, Spice Red, Tan Leather, 5sp.
Yep, in my 05 Jetta wagen.
16K mi. mostly B20 and B100! So far, so good.

dmwogan

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL TDI, 5A
Moi aussi. I've been running B20 (Except for a tank on a long rip to MS). I got the car used with 54k on it, so the past 3.5k have been on B20. I'm considering stepping up to B99 or B100 soon. I know there is much debate on here about whether this will mess up nozzles and/or clean junk out of the fuel system. I'll do a little more research on it.

I did have one issue since I got the car, but I doubt it was from B20. I had a horrible black fuel filter, but that could come from anything.

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
42,000 miles on B20, and occasionally higher, when I can get it. Been running her on it since she was a wee pup, I did. While I do take a modest performance and economy hit (1-2 mpg at blends above ~B40) it's well worth it. Smells great, and is smooth, quiet and entertaining. You know, like a classy woman...

Tditork

TDI
2012 Jetta 2010 Touareg 81 Rabbit diesel
B20

B20 and higher with 15K so far. Not enough miles to conclude anything. I just make sure the quality of the fuel is good. No issues yet - it purrs!