User testing of new TDIClub Forum software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
And how do we get the cool custom member statuses? Changing 'veteran member' would be fun ;)

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Looks fine to me, but under my avatar it now says "Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor".... Which sounds.... well.... :p New thing to learn, many of us have done it before, we'll do it again!
I fixed that for you.

:geek:

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
to be honest Im not impressed by the new look of the new forum. I feel a little lost, maybe Im doing something wrong here, I dont know. The thing that annoys me the most is the threads are not sorted out by date ( newest first) and unread / read , like it was with the old one. Maybe you guys can address this, and it should be OK, thank you

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
That's odd, both those features work for me (Firefox). And I looked and don't see settings for either. I have opened a forum and seen the read threads showing bold, but it cleared up.
There is a Filter for sort options on the main page
1598638109666.png

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
to be honest Im not impressed by the new look of the new forum. I feel a little lost, maybe Im doing something wrong here, I dont know. The thing that annoys me the most is the threads are not sorted out by date ( newest first) and unread / read , like it was with the old one. Maybe you guys can address this, and it should be OK, thank you
Personally, I preferred the old look and feel as well, but
(a) you can't stay running WinXP forever (which is probably in the range of just how vintage the old version was);
(b) if you ever tried to look up a tdiclub thread on your phone....ugh! And phones are the primary computer for a LOT of people now
(c) I similarly had some issues with read / unread and order of threads at first, but it seems to have sorted itself out once I just did a blanket "mark as read" on everything.

The one UI thing I'd like to see improved is some way to denote "Sticky" threads at the top of some boards - the old system very clearly said STICKY; even just a few asterisks or something to show that these are "different" and are apart from the regular chronological ordering would be helpful.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
Personally, I preferred the old look and feel as well, but
(a) you can't stay running WinXP forever (which is probably in the range of just how vintage the old version was);
(b) if you ever tried to look up a tdiclub thread on your phone....ugh! And phones are the primary computer for a LOT of people now
(c) I similarly had some issues with read / unread and order of threads at first, but it seems to have sorted itself out once I just did a blanket "mark as read" on everything.

The one UI thing I'd like to see improved is some way to denote "Sticky" threads at the top of some boards - the old system very clearly said STICKY; even just a few asterisks or something to show that these are "different" and are apart from the regular chronological ordering would be helpful.
i think the "sticky" needs to be of a different color than the bold ( unread) threads

Status
Not open for further replies.