Used set of Koni FSD's, how much?

ottoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon ALH
How much would you guys pay for a used set of Koni FSD's for a MK4 Jetta? They are less than a year old, have ~10k miles on them, and only include the shocks and struts (ie: the bearings, mounts, and bushings are not included).

I was thinking ~$400.

ottoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon ALH
Sorry, I should clarify. The set I have described are for sale, but the seller did not list a price. I am wondering what I should offer him as reasonable without lowballing.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
there is no warranty on used ones BTW and I paid $600 US delivered with mounts
last week from mjm

Last edited:

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
What do you mean no warranty, there most certainly is if you buy it new from an authorized dealer.

This product is 680 shipped from TDIparts.com, I am about to buy a set I just can't decide on which springs to get.

OEM GLI VR6 or Shine

From what I read you got to take off the springs to easily take of the dampers, so I figured I might as well replace the springs too (have 80K on them)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Go with the Eibach springs with the FSDs--those of us with the Eibachs know that they perform better than just about any other spring out there :). I love them in my car at least!
-BB

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
Which Eibach's?

The Driver gear upgrade ones (sport)?

or the Lowering ones (cup) that Koni pairs with the FSD?

Let me know, because I am dead set to refresh the springs and I knew that 3 solutions were a sure win:
strait OEM
GLI VR6
and Shine

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
I opted for the Eibach/FSD kit and I really enjoy it. It does lower the car a bit, but it looks like a stock GLI instead of a 4x4. It always sits level now. They just keep getting better as they continue to break in.

Here is a link to a pretty good review on this kit, I agree almost 100% with this review.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=189034

Last edited:

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
BB
So with the FSD/eibachs your car does not scrape over speed humps or driveways e.t.c. ? I love eibachs but I was afraid to put them on this car due to lowering it. I have the stock tdi rims on my 03.

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I find I scape a bit less, I feel this is due to the springs being stiffer. The car no longer dives when you apply the brakes.

I have not bottomed out or scraped my front valance since the swap.

O.C.TDI

The pic in my sig is from before the swap.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
Thanks O.C. TDI ...my other concern is the suspension geometry of the jetta. Ill have to look into this option though.

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
It seems the Prokit is equal to the oem GLI-VR6 springs as far as loweing goes. I think overall you won't see a real hit in geomtry and you definatly wont scrape (I think you have to go down another inch for that).

I weighed all these things that you are weighing, and I decided to go with Shine.

But I wouldn't try and stop anyone from going the Eibach/GLI route either.

Dave, where in Virginia are you? Where do you plan to have this stuff installed?

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
After reviewing my last couple alingments, I noticed they were able to get it much closer to neutral after this suspension install than they had in the past.