Used 09A solenoids?

black_slug

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf
I just received my solenoids, advertised as new, from cobra transmissions. The are clearly used, covered in tranny fluid, some signs of normal wear. Maybe they are rebuilt...? Anyone have this happen to them?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
In both 09a's I've put solenoids in, I've used cobras because they were recommended as the best. Almost a year later both going on no problem. Not sure if they were rebuilt, but it makes sense to me that tmry may be shipped in atf so they don't stick, they're already prone to that already.

Ovrhill

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon BEW, '06 Golf BEW, '15 Golf TDI(sold), '05 Golf TDI (wrecked)
They are just shipped that way. Pretty sure that they are new.

black_slug

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf
In both 09a's I've put solenoids in, I've used cobras because they were recommended as the best. Almost a year later both going on no problem. Not sure if they were rebuilt, but it makes sense to me that tmry may be shipped in atf so they don't stick, they're already prone to that already.
That was my initial thought, but upon closer inspection, I noticed the ground wire has some really light fraying. It makes senthat they'd throw some at on the for obvious reasons, but considering what I mentioned given the ground wire, it concerns me. I just don't want to have to do this more than once.

I really wanted to get this done this weekend but I'd like to hear back from cobra first to make sure before I put them in.

Thanks for the replies.