Uprated Springs

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
I've installed the Eibach sport springs on an A4 Jetta. The drop is about 3/4". The handling is more firm and the ride is tighter. I live in an area where we do not get much of any snow, but would not suggest this modification for anyone who would hit chunks of ice or snow in North America. (I know you live in God's country).

Body roll is lessened. Steering is tight. I also went with Z rated AA traction tires. I do not know the equivalent european rating. Good Luck.

Commander-T

TDI
Passat, 1996, Emerald Green
Changed struts and springs on my Passat...

Got a great deal from shox.com on Nuespeed springs and boge struts and shock. Lowered about an inch front and back.

Argon115

Has anyone tried fitting the uprated sports spings manufactured by VW for the series 4
Golf ?

I have a GT TDi 115 pd, and would like to
reduce body roll, and increase steering precision.

Are there Eibach springs that could do this ?

Argon

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
As ya'll know. We'uns in th sout jus don sware tall. Ya mus meen the winta furm heck. Well, we still didn't git no sno hea. Had us some chilld days, n sum nites ta freeze the tits offa wich. Butalltha sno, it went pretti fur frum ma home heerin Burlinton.

That's wah 'am glad ta be droppin the spensun on ma' Jetter. Makes it luk lak am runnin shine o' sumpin.

Well, nuf frum the sunnie south. Yall take care now, yahea?

Imran

Aargon,

The springs that VW offer are very similar if not identical to Eibach Pro kit springs.
Only difference is in the price.

VW will charge you 250 quid for the springs and another £250 quid for fitting them!!!

I have Eibach pro kit and Bilstein Sport Shocks on my car...ride is firmer, but not too firm and it handles very well. Drop is about an inch.

If you are ever in Edinburgh during the week give me a shout and you can see firsthand the handling differences between the suspensions.

Imran
Golf IV TDI(115)
Edinburgh.

TDI ESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
Do we really need to know?
The VW sport springs have different part numbers for cars with Automatic and with Manual transmissions. Does anyone know why this is? I believe it is a new thing (?)

They list four sets: 1 each manual and automatic for all 4 cyl, and 1 each manual and automatic for 6 cyl. Weight differences between transmissions is ~40lb (?), between engines is ~80lb.