Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I've been waiting on the offer for my car since 11/3 and on my husband's since 11/15, I am just really hoping to get one of them done before Christmas.
Husband received offer letter today, 11/29. Mine has yet to be received, so I called the claims number, they stated my letter was generated on 11/8 and went to the auditor and I have to wait for them to release it. She said she didn't see anything that should have flagged it for audit, so I continue to wait.

Fordracing19

TDI
2014 Passat SE, 2015 MB E-250
Got my letter at 520am this morning. It was notarized and uploaded before noon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
My documents were submitted 09/20. Rejected 10/19 for expired NC DL. Resubmitted correct copy of DL same day. Approved for review of eligibility 10/27.
Called the claim number this morning 11/30. Lady says my documents are with the auditor and I'm waiting on the for final offer to be drawn up and emailed. She also stated that my documents were deemed eligible for a claim on 11/5
I'm thinking both VW and Ankura are overwhelmed by the volume of claims.
Patiently awaiting an offer.

mplatt911

TDI
2010 TDI cup
Documents accepted on 11/1/16 with a note an offer would come in 10 days. Looked on line today and they changed note to open ended with no promise of any date or time of an offer. Guess I'll enter it in spreadsheet and see what happens

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I was wrong. They rejected our licenses as not being legible. All other documents are fine.
Finally got around to uploading pictures of our DLs. Noticed that there is no where to upload the backs anymore, so called the help line. After about 15 minutes on hold, finally got a warm body. She said that they no longer require the backs of the DL. About 30 minutes after uploading the new pictures, I have all green check marks. Now to wait and see if I am approved for the buyback! I'm so nervous.:eek::rolleyes:

tarasin921

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Finally got around to uploading pictures of our DLs. Noticed that there is no where to upload the backs anymore, so called the help line. After about 15 minutes on hold, finally got a warm body. She said that they no longer require the backs of the DL. About 30 minutes after uploading the new pictures, I have all green check marks. Now to wait and see if I am approved for the buyback! I'm so nervous.:eek::rolleyes:
Now all the people whose documents were declined for not uploading the back of their DL are going to be angry. Mine were declined because the back of my registration was missing. (it's blank)

TDI
just looking to purchase
I got the official offer for $1500 less then base. I was able to find document thanks to this site on how to factor mileage penalty however number still doesn't jive. I think VW Claims is just shaving $ off everyone's offer which for them will be big payback. Not way to really contest it so I got papers notarized but wonder as I scanned them in and uploaded them how they will see the seal as there is no color to it. Expect them to reject it so it prolongs this agony

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Not way to really contest it
Yes, there is; there's a review committee. Email class counsel to ask.

wonder as I scanned them in and uploaded them how they will see the seal as there is no color to it.
You could shade the seal with a pencil, or have the notary use an ink seal instead of (or in addition to) the raised seal. Raised seals are mostly obsolete at this point--no state requires them, and most don't even allow them as the only seal. And they don't appear on scans or copies, making them useless for a whole lot of things.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Does anyone else think that a sticky/locked thread with all of the various legal counsel contact info and review committee info would be a good idea? These threads are juggernauts, difficult to search.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
The IRS rules deal with cash deposits, and the threshold is $10k, not $5k. Wires or check deposits are a non-issue.
Thank for the update on that
still waiting for my approve letter I call to day and it now say it could take up to 30+ days and the phone keeps hanging up when on hold!!!!!
So you cant sell it/can not drive if for mileage not being right/ Come on VW you can do better then this!! My dealer has a kid seating around doing nothing every buy back never showed?? and I am ready to go !!!
I would of never sent it back but my wife has a bad back and neck fussed and can not drive it for more then 30 min!
If they keep jerking around I will pull the engine and DSG and install a old ALH and tranny and break the hood cable and use it in my new race car. they are just checking mileage and it need to drive in I can do that for them.

Last edited:

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
I submitted docs for both cars back in September. One was rejected for the driver's license while the second was accepted. Both had the exact same pdf scan of my license. Not really surprising, but I try to find the humor in this whole debacle where I can.

Bug

TDI
2013 New Beetle Convertible, 2015 Passat TDI SE
I submitted my docs this morning around 8:30 EST and received the following at 11:00am EST. "We have reviewed the documents you submitted as part of your claim with reference number XXXXXXXX. Currently, your application contains all of the necessary documentation to determine your eligibility. We are now determining your eligibility and will inform you whether you are eligible to participate in the VW/Audi Diesel Emissions Settlement Program."

How long does it usually take after this? This is for the $5100 not the buyback.

Thanks.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
So you're opting for the fix? Then it doesn't matter how long it takes; you won't get any money until you get your car fixed, and nobody knows if, much less when, that will happen.

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
My documents were submitted 09/20. Rejected 10/19 for expired NC DL. Resubmitted correct copy of DL same day. Approved for review of eligibility 10/27.
Called the claim number this morning 11/30. Lady says my documents are with the auditor and I'm waiting on the for final offer to be drawn up and emailed. She also stated that my documents were deemed eligible for a claim on 11/5
I'm thinking both VW and Ankura are overwhelmed by the volume of claims.
Patiently awaiting an offer.
Sounds like mine, I called this week and was told my docs were deemed eligible on 11/8 (approved for review on 11/3) and were with the auditor... Here we are a month later, and I have nothing...

Husband started the buyback process 3 weeks after me, already has his approved for review on 11/15 and offer letter on 11/29 (notarized copy sent on 12/2).

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I finally broke down and called. I submitted all my paperwork on 9/19. My documents were accepted sometime Late October or early November, and I've been in the 10 day window since.

Ironical they told me my offer letter is coming this week... I wonder if it would have came had I not called, or were they waiting for me to call to send out? Wouldn't surprise me with VW.

ChimneyJim

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 SportWagen SEL
I finally broke down and called. I submitted all my paperwork on 9/19. My documents were accepted sometime Late October or early November, and I've been in the 10 day window since.
Ironical they told me my offer letter is coming this week... I wonder if it would have came had I not called, or were they waiting for me to call to send out? Wouldn't surprise me with VW.
While I'd be happy for you if it came to pass, they most likely told you what you wanted to hear and would get you off the phone as quickly as possible.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
While I'd be happy for you if it came to pass, they most likely told you what you wanted to hear and would get you off the phone as quickly as possible.
That also, would not surprise me... maybe the claim center hasn't gotten any better comma they've just gotten people off the phone quicker ;)

BeetleNoMore

TDI
2014 Passat, 2013 Beetle
Our docs were accepted on my Husbands Passat on October 27th. I have been told 3 times now our offer letter should be here "any day", starting more than 2 weeks ago. In fact I called the end of last week and was told they were finished for both cars (Beetle Convertible & Passat) - the rep even read them to me.
I called again today to see why we have been waiting 22 or so business days (from November 1st) without any forward movement and how many more days we would need to wait. We were told VW was no longer giving out a timeframe for this to be done.
I don't think this would upset me so much if I was going by my own timeframe, but first we were told 10 days (from Oct 27th), then 10 days (from Nov 1st), then 20 days (from Nov 1st) now ?.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I don't think this would upset me so much if I was going by my own timeframe, but first we were told 10 days (from Oct 27th), then 10 days (from Nov 1st), then 20 days (from Nov 1st) now ?.
Relax. It's nearly time for ACC basketball. Enjoy the season. I'm sure you'll hear something by tournament time.

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
Oh, really ?

Got the 7 page document via an eMail link… dnld and sign both, notarize "Pg. 2" so… two (2) signed pages. Following the directions in that seven (7) page dnld, went to Portal, I see:
Offer and Acceptance (Steps 16-17)

which ONLY allows me to UPLOAD one (1) document. They state they need BOTH but do not provide me a way to do that. I will NOT mail and do not have a FAX… per their instructions I'd like to Upload docs… BUT CANNOT !

W*F

And the folks on the phone TELL YA' you MUST upload ALL seven pages, after replacing the TWO (2) blank forms w/ signed ones.

A$$E$

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Why is this confusing? Scan all seven pages into a single PDF. Upload that PDF. Done.

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
Why is this confusing? Scan all seven pages into a single PDF. Upload that PDF. Done.
Complaining ≠ Confused

I complained their letter does not state that ALL of the "Offer Letter" MUST BE scanned (and uploaded) as a SINGLE PDF document (with the required signatures, etc.).

Proof:

Finally, the Offer Letter states (in the first sentence): "You accept this buyback offer… by signing this letter on the LAST page…" when it's actually page 4.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
Seen this on WWW.VWCOURTSETTLEMENT.COM Hopefully they do add more people to get this process going faster. Taking forever to get my offer from them.

"If you’ve already filed a claim and submitted the required supporting documents, the processing time pursuant to the terms of the Court approved Settlement Agreement is 20 business days. This is ten business days to review your document package and, if your document package is complete, ten additional business days to determine your eligibility and create your offer letter, if applicable. Please note, however, that due to the current high volume of claims, some consumers are experiencing additional delays of approximately 2-3 weeks in the processing of their claims. VW regrets this and wants you to know that we have hired additional resources and have dedicated teams working around the clock to minimize delays and process all claims as expeditiously as possible. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work to make things right."