Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

qsabe

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagon
Everything ready to go Dec2

After what seemed an giagantic list of send me, my sell is accepted now and I have an appointment for Dec 2 to return the car. The last pdf requires a notarized signature and return. Print the pages and have that done on page 7, page 4 needs a signature and choice filled in. Scan both pages for digital copies.

This info might help you. The pdf document is locked so Word will not open it for editing, you need to download a PDF 2 Word converter. Once you have that open the word doc. Create a new page between 3 and 4, copy your scanned image into word as a picture on that page and delete the existing page 4. Do the same thing on the last page, create a new page, copy the scanned image page 7 on it, delete the old original page 7 and save as a PDF. That you can upload to finish the task.

Good luck. I bought mine for 29K, got 2k off on taxes so it was 27K really. VW gave me a 1K credit card last spring, down to 26K and now they are giving me 24K for it back. So I drove all over the country 40,000 miles for 6.5 years and it cost me 2K.. How good can it be. I just wish I had known about this earlier and I wouldn't have put new tires on it August of last year.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
This info might help you. The pdf document is locked so Word will not open it for editing, you need to download a PDF 2 Word converter. Once you have that open the word doc. Create a new page between 3 and 4, copy your scanned image into word as a picture on that page and delete the existing page 4. Do the same thing on the last page, create a new page, copy the scanned image page 7 on it, delete the old original page 7 and save as a PDF. That you can upload to finish the task.
Seems a lot more complicated than simply scanning the seven pages (including the signatures and notary) into a file. Why all the extra steps?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Because there are many many ways to do the same thing. People default to what they know already and are comfortable with. Not everyone has a scanner either.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
No he took a picture of the page and inserted it into a document. No scanner needed. You proved my point that there are many ways to do things and his method is just one way.

dr.tdi

TDI
2004 Jetta
Hi,
Could someone please inform me as to what has to be notarized. I sent my docs(title,reg,lic) on 11/4 & got a reply on 11/6 saying they received them. They will review to determine my eligibility and will contact me regarding the next steps. Thanks in advance.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
The last page of the offer letter will need to be notarized. It will be pretty obvious, as it'll be the only place with a place for the notary signature.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Hi,
Could someone please inform me as to what has to be notarized. I sent my docs(title,reg,lic) on 11/4 & got a reply on 11/6 saying they received them. They will review to determine my eligibility and will contact me regarding the next steps. Thanks in advance.
You are about 2 steps away from that point. After you are approved you will get an offer and that needs to be notarized.

oak

TDI
2011 Sportwagen TDI
You are about 2 steps away from that point. After you are approved you will get an offer and that needs to be notarized.
Do they mail you an actual letter, or is it an email with a link to a document on the claims site?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I don't know for sure, read some of the posts of those who have done it already. I would imagine if you submitted via online method you would get it back that way. If you submitted via mail or fax, then by mail. Most I have read of have been doing it online.

qsabe

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagon
Seems a lot more complicated than simply scanning the seven pages (including the signatures and notary) into a file. Why all the extra steps?
Rather than print 7 pages then scan 7 pages you only need do two and insert those into the original. Takes longer to say it than it does do it.

MHC48

TDI
2009 TDI DSG
Do they mail you an actual letter, or is it an email with a link to a document on the claims site?
I got an e-mail with a link to download and print the document. After you sign the acceptance page, and sign the Release before a Notary, you can upload, fax or mail the signed pages back to them.

Mine came last week but I was away on vacation and couldn't do all that until today.

GodStang

TDI
2012 Jetta
Ok I got a reply that:

"Back of Certificate of Title

Document requires action

Requires Action:
Incorrect document"

Anyone have any idea what the issue it. The front of title was correct. If I flip it over and send a picture of the back how can it be incorrect? Any idea. I am in South Carolina and the back is only used for when you sell the car.

Sorry if this has been asked I did not want to go back through 45 pages.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Ok I got a reply that:

Document requires action

Requires Action:
Incorrect document"

Anyone have any idea what the issue it. The front of title was correct. If I flip it over and send a picture of the back how can it be incorrect? Any idea. I am in South Carolina and the back is only used for when you sell the car.

I had something sort of similar - the front of my title had gotten cropped accidentally, and they didn't like that.

But to say "Incorrect Document" - that baffles me. I hate to say it, but you may have to call in. The people who look at these things make notes that we can't see, and there might be something there.

Blown284

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI
Turned in my docs about 3-4 weeks ago which were reviewed and approved. Says that I'll be notified in approx 10 days. That was more than 20 days ago.

What a cluster !#$!$##$@#!$@$#!.

This is the last VW I ever buy... ever.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Rather than print 7 pages then scan 7 pages you only need do two and insert those into the original. Takes longer to say it than it does do it.
I believe that you are indicating that the two pages that need signing are to be returned (and the remaining 5 - of 7 - need NOT be returned..

Have I got that correct, amigo?

best (and thanks)

ez

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
No, all seven pages (or eight if you're in CA and your notary attaches the separate page they're supposed to) need to be uploaded. For someone with ready access to a sheet-feed scanner, IMO the easiest way is to simply print it, sign and have notarized, and scan the whole thing back in (as much as I generally avoid print-sign-scan operations). But any method that ends up with a seven (or eight) page document with the signatures and seal in place will work.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Got my official letter this morning. Interestingly, saturday I got tired of waiting and made an appointment with the VW dealer to put a deposit down at lunch time today on an Alltrack...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Ok I got a reply that:

Document requires action

Requires Action:
Incorrect document"

I'm waiting for them to reject my NC title because when you copy it, the red ink disappears and it says VOID all over the face.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
How do I get all 7 iPhone photos to be one attachment on the website upload?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
They don't have to be one attachment. You can have a seperate attachment for each request.

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
This is interesting, I called this morning (call was answered within two minutes) to find out the status of my claim. I gave my claim number to the rep and explained that it had been 15 business days since I had received the "documents complete" e-mail. She put me on hold so she could review my file. When she came back on the line she told me that I had been approved but they did not have a settlement ambassador assigned to my area yet. The rep indicated that her supervisor told her that VW was having problems hiring people is some areas. They thought that new hires would be ready within the next two weeks and when they were the portal would be changed to allow me to download my documents for signing.

does anyone know what areas are and are not staffed?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
If two co-owners, each must sign and each signature must be witnessed and notarized. However, if there is only one owner, only one signature and only one notarization.

Going2Truck

TDI
2013 VW Jetta
VW Buyback offer incorrect

I received the final offer today but it shows my loan balance as 0.00, which isn't correct. I was concerned that we get turned away at buyback appt if this isn't correct. Called VW Claims, no one had a clue what to do. Just wondered if anyone else had this situation and what you had to do to correct.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Sign it and return it. They'll have to get a correct payoff before your turn-in appointment anyway.