Upgraded TDIClub forums

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
That's something that's been brought up, and hopefully being addressed. In the meantime I've found if you click on the avatar, a small box pops up with account info, and shows the location.

Edit... The quote button on mobile doesn't seem to do anything. I'm viewing in desktop mode.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Another thing I've noticed relates to comments in a Thread referring to a page number and post number. Well, although the post numbers remained the same in the conversion to the new system, the page numbers did not. Example: My TDI in a Vanagon project Thread 'did' contain 89 pages. It is now reduced to 67 pages. So, any place in the Post (and there are several) that I edited adding comments such as, for more info, go to page so and so will no longer be correct.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
That's something that's been brought up, and hopefully being addressed. In the meantime I've found if you click on the avatar, a small box pops up with account info, and shows the location.

Edit... The quote button on mobile doesn't seem to do anything. I'm viewing in desktop mode.
This is on my list of things to update.
Another thing I've noticed relates to comments in a Thread referring to a page number and post number. Well, although the post numbers remained the same in the conversion to the new system, the page numbers did not. Example: My TDI in a Vanagon project Thread 'did' contain 89 pages. It is now reduced to 67 pages. So, any place in the Post (and there are several) that I edited adding comments such as, for more info, go to page so and so will no longer be correct.
Hi Andy, In vBulletin that list was depended on how many posts per page someone used. I know I used more than 20 so that would change. However both this software and vBulletin have a post number for each topic, and that should be the same between both software system. If you have a specific post you are referring to,, I can double check that for you.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Fred - Came on to update my avatar, but noticed before logging in, I wasn't seeing any post signatures.
After logging in, the signatures were now there but any posts that had images, including mine, just showed the script [SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC}.
I went into my profile and choose my original signature picture.
Now my signature picture is on my posts, but also displays the image filename, my username, and when the signature was updated.
It might just be setting somewhere in my profile, or is the new "look"?
I need to verify this, but it is possible that the images didn't make the transfer. That is one thing I never checked. However I think when you updated the signature you linked your album vs just the picture. In the Posting images thread I noted the differences on how images are handed. Let me know if changing the image fixes things for you.
None of the pictures that I had linked from Imgur are showing up in the how to threads I've made. Is there a quick fix, or will I need to go back sometime and add them again? Or do we have more storage for our albums now, so that I could host them here. I would have in the past, but they would've exceeded my limit. Once I konw the best path, I'll get them back up when I can. Danke im Voraus.
Überhaupt kein Problem. Imgur is an external source that we have no control over. In theory these changes should have no changes. Please send a link and I can have a look directly at it. PS, while it may be a little more cumbersome to post images here vs imagur or tapatalk, I prefer it as give me a chance to ensure the data is always available.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
I'm not sure i understand the issue. In the link provided all seems ok. Also, in regards yo upload space, it is pretty generous. Are you having restrictions?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Not yet, but I also haven't tried loading a very high res photo on the new site. I can try later and follow up.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Location and list of tdi’s was nice to have when commenting on a problem where the person asking for help forgot to say what car he was asking about. Is that something we can turn on in our individual settings?

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
If you click on the poster's handle, you get more detail, including location.
Hovering keeps you on the same page and you'll get the same results. If you click, it takes you to a new page which will cause you to lose what you've been typing (if you were typing a response)...

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Glad that a darker theme has made it's way into the to-do list.

Still hoping we could get a way to view previous posts, and not just previously started threads.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
So far I'm liking the new setup. Bit of a visual adjustment at first, but doesn't seem hard on my eyes. Will be interested to see what other themes become available.

I didn't realize yesterday (first time on the new setup) that once I'd been into a thread, the next time I visited and entered it would jump me to the first unread post automatically, I'm liking that.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
One thing I'm noticing: posts (including spam) in the TDI News subforum seem to be making it to the RSS feed for that subforum when a moderator would have never approved them.

I don't know if moderator approval isn't working, or if XenForo's RSS is leaking the posts before moderators can disapprove them...

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
...........................................I didn't realize yesterday (first time on the new setup) that once I'd been into a thread, the next time I visited and entered it would jump me to the first unread post automatically, I'm liking that.
Often I need to see Post #1, click on date just below thread title

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hmmm.... Suddenly anyone who has a custom profile Pic is now showing up as a broken image for me, including myself. Fred what did you do? ;)

Edit.... A few minutes later and they are all back. Hmmm...

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
I would like to be able to adjust the number of posts per page to something more than 20. Also having a way to only see unread watched threads would be great. Personally I don't like change but it is understandable that things have to move on and its really not bad. I must also say a great job of getting it done so fast and so stable on the first try.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
@jayb79 , you made me want to go back and try to remember the old looks and well, it has been about 15 years with the old look, so yes, it is change. I took some screen shots just to reminisce:
Yes, so far so good with issues. Non are major and that was my biggest worry. I guess all those test runs the past previous months and even delays over the past few years due to issues with the migration capabilities not supporting migrating our data properly seems to have paid off. :)

Hovering keeps you on the same page and you'll get the same results. If you click, it takes you to a new page which will cause you to lose what you've been typing (if you were typing a response)...
Actually it keeps drafts of your messages on the server for 24 hours now so most of the time (I refuse to say always) what you have written may not be lost if you change pages or look to quote something.
One thing I'm noticing: posts (including spam) in the TDI News subforum seem to be making it to the RSS feed for that subforum when a moderator would have never approved them.

I don't know if moderator approval isn't working, or if XenForo's RSS is leaking the posts before moderators can disapprove them...
noted
Hmmm.... Suddenly anyone who has a custom profile Pic is now showing up as a broken image for me, including myself. Fred what did you do? ;)

Edit.... A few minutes later and they are all back. Hmmm...
Yes, that was me.....:(

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
2x ^^^
Location is nice.
This is a global forum, knowing when someone in Europe (or such) has the location it can tell me if it could be a non - US engine.
Also some have posted a trusted mechanic possibly knowing where the poster is.

List of car owned is also missing.

Please keep up the good work. (y)

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
I need to verify this, but it is possible that the images didn't make the transfer. That is one thing I never checked. However I think when you updated the signature you linked your album vs just the picture. In the Posting images thread I noted the differences on how images are handed. Let me know if changing the image fixes things for you.

Überhaupt kein Problem. Imgur is an external source that we have no control over. In theory these changes should have no changes. Please send a link and I can have a look directly at it. PS, while it may be a little more cumbersome to post images here vs imagur or tapatalk, I prefer it as give me a chance to ensure the data is always available.
In the past, the TDI club picture gallery told that I had a limit, which I felt I was pretty close too. Because of that, I used Photobucket, and when it became useless, I moved the pics to Imgur and spent a while changing all pictures in the Trailer Wiring threads I'd made. My threads now just show [/IMG] where the pictures used to be. I'll try moving the pictures here and editing the threads when I have time. Any pics that I have hosted here are working fine.