Upgraded Slave Cylinder

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
My JSW has the dreaded dead clutch pedal. I bled the clutch a few weeks ago and it's dead again. I'm thinking it's the slave. I plan on a SBC Stage 2 clutch. I'd like to upgrade the hydraulics as well while it's apart. Does anyone have any experience with the Clutch Masters aluminum unit?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Have not had direct experiance with that kit or that company but it looks high quality. Not much to go wrong with AN fittings and aluminum block stuff.
Looks nice.
A bit pricy but you probably get what you pay for with this kit.

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
Yea, the price is not for everyone. But I feel if it's quality and you don't have to worry about the stock plastic slave failing, it's probably worth it. And I like shiny things lol! Hoping someone had some real life experience with it.

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
Yea, the price is not for everyone. But I feel if it's quality and you don't have to worry about the stock plastic slave failing, it's probably worth it. And I like shiny things lol! Hoping someone had some real life experience with it.
Did you end up going with the clutchmasters unit? If so how is it?

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
Did you end up going with the clutchmasters unit? If so how is it?
Ordered it and sent it back. Build quality was top not but I was not able to shim it to the same spec as the stock slave. Apparently the gasser slaves are different. Ended up installing the all metal Sachs unit along with the aluminum bleeder block and braided hose from USP Motorsports.