Upgraded fuel metering valve

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Curious to know because I was about to buy the kit for my car. I've heard things all over the place with every kit, its hard to say which is the better one to get.
Same here... what are the other kits (assuming you are talking fuel system saver) are floating around as I only knew about Whitbread.

McGuirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 TDI
Fisher motorworks sells a kit that lets you install the bmw cp3 pump. Darkside also sells a kit. The Fisher kit is different than the white bread kit. The dark side kit looks like a copy of it.

Last edited:

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Fisher motorworks sells a kit that lets you install the bmw cp3 pump. Darkside also sells a kit. The Fisher kit is different than the white bread kit. The dark side kit looks like a copy of it.
I think (thought) he was talking about the fuel system saver (that's what I was talking about), not the CP3 kits. The CP3 kits are pretty much the same result, they all work good, fit and the big difference is the 2 different CP3 pumps used (the metering valves are specified and sometimes provided). The kits for the BMW R70 CP3 is the new kid on the block though, initial the R90 was the original version everyone had/has.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Curious to know because I was about to buy the kit for my car. I've heard things all over the place with every kit, its hard to say which is the better one to get.
if I were you, get cp3 pump alone from ebay and get their mounting kit from those vendors. that way you don't need to get BMW CP3, get the actual CP3 gear driven unit that will not need you to keep the aux pump.

search for the cp3 on eBay, 0445010042 or

seller: nerings (I bought 2 from him in the past, no issues but watch for the FMV or have Malone tune it for the FMV model, that's what I did)

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Thats a good idea. I know a couple of place I can get just the CP3 pump. I'll prob go that route. Still have some time before my next timing belt service.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
indeed, you are welcome. I have been hearing about UK Diesels that sells cp3 pumps. several vendors including whitbread performance has been using them.