Upgraded BT with BT music streaming

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I just had my Bluetooth system upgraded as a result of the lawsuit. Since then I have been playing with it, after a day, I still cannot get the A2DP Bluetooth music streaming to work right.
After I commanded "Music", then "Play" it will simply disconnect.
Is it because I don't have the RNS510 radio?
Btw, I only have the RCD510 premium radio.

Thanks,

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
That's odd.

I never knew voice command could control streaming audio.

I usually start my music from my phone (before I start driving) then select BT audio from the radio screen. I have retrofitted the RCD-510 and replaced my 9W3 with a 9W2 so I could have streaming audio. I also have the iPhone 4S with IOS 5.1.1, so theoretically it should be the same setup you have.

I have never had it disconnect on me.

Try starting the music from the phone and using the on screen button to start the streaming audio and see if it disconnects. Just make sure after you start the music it is set to push the audio through the bluetooth connection.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
That's odd.

I never knew voice command could control streaming audio.

I usually start my music from my phone (before I start driving) then select BT audio from the radio screen. I have retrofitted the RCD-510 and replaced my 9W3 with a 9W2 so I could have streaming audio. I also have the iPhone 4S with IOS 5.1.1, so theoretically it should be the same setup you have.

I have never had it disconnect on me.

Try starting the music from the phone and using the on screen button to start the streaming audio and see if it disconnects. Just make sure after you start the music it is set to push the audio through the bluetooth connection.
Uhh, yeah I don't believe the RCD supports voice commands like that... I start mine from the phone, select media on the RCD and choose bluetooth. On the phone select VW phone, it will play.

jeffjeja

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Uhh, yeah I don't believe the RCD supports voice commands like that... I start mine from the phone, select media on the RCD and choose bluetooth. On the phone select VW phone, it will play.
Actually it does. I was playing around with my unit (installed yesterday) and found that as long as whatever you want to listen to is set up on your device, you can have some voice control. Push the PTT button overhead, then say music and you can toggle between play and stop verbally so you do not have to handle your device. I was also able to get a positive response to next track but could only get to the beginning of the current track with the previous track command.
Now if only someone could figure out how to get the phone book onto the MFD with the RCD 510 and - less importantly - get the steering wheel phone button to initiate a call (it seems to only work to redial when held for a few seconds and to end a call with a brief press).

eleven

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I have the same problem. Dealer installed the upgrade late last week and I completely lost audio streaming (voice dialing seems to work fine). Is this a coding/programming issue that they should be able to fix rather quickly and easily?