upgrade part question

808tdi

TDI
MK6 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Its for the CR 140 CJAA

It says right in the description...

Fits:
2010-UP Audi A3, VW Jetta and Golf 2.0L TDI Clean Diesel with engine code CJAA and plastic damper.
2012 -UP VW Passat 2.0L Clean Diesel with engine code CKRA.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
It's supposed to stop turbo bark is all, you get it on the likes of the BKD older 2L PD twin cam engine and most of the newer ones.

Sonic_Sound

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Black, ALH
Turbo bark? and what vehicles have the CR 140 CJAA. I read the description, but giving a year and a engine code made me think that within the years listed their are two different engine codes. which is why i asked, i am not familiar with the new CR family of VWs. I also posted this under performance because i was under the impression it was a performance part. My apologies.

ibexlatham

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI 6spd - dead
I believe CJAA was introduced in 2010. Earlier 2009 cars have a CBEA engine, it is a very similar engine to the CJAA but there are some slight differences. One such difference is the turbo outlet dampener, my 2009 has a CBEA engine which uses a metal turbo dampener which isnt compatible with the plastic dampener (and the Neuspeed dampener)

Sonic_Sound

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Black, ALH
I believe CJAA was introduced in 2010. Earlier 2009 cars have a CBEA engine, it is a very similar engine to the CJAA but there are some slight differences. One such difference is the turbo outlet dampener, my 2009 has a CBEA engine which uses a metal turbo dampener which isnt compatible with the plastic dampener (and the Neuspeed dampener)
thank you :)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Turbo bark?
Bark, howl, squeal, whatever you call it, it's basically supposed to make the turbo quieter. They started using them back in 2006 maybe, maybe earlier, I just know they used them on the 140PD engine over here.

I think the only reason to buy one would be if you've bought something like a GT1749VA turbo that's come from the BKD PD140 engine or similar. I'm not sure if you can connect up an intake pipe without it.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
this isnt for the air intake pipe^^^^ This is intercooler exit side not air intake