micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
Custom turbine & compressor wheels for vklr & vk
All size's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Hi.

Currently have a stock 2260vklr on my 2.0tdi.
Will I benefit anything adding that wheel? Also how much and what size for direct fit on my turbo?

Cheers

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
i really dont see how a bigger wheel spools better, the stock VK and VKLR wheels are very good.

Overall power might be greater but better spool is a bold claim.

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
For that you have to be much testing, and this case is not yours...
And here nobody talks about size

But if you want to talk about measures I'll tell
My car load more faster with 71mm, compared with the stock gt2260v

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
so what are you saying? the wheel pictured IS bigger no?

cycleracer88

TDI
Polo 1.9 TDI ASZ PD130
@prodrive: Which size of billet wheel do you installed? edit// ...ok 71mm is quite big. Which trim?

btw ... intake shape looks nice :)

Last edited:

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
@prodrive: Which size of billet wheel do you installed? edit// ...ok 71mm is quite big. Which trim?

btw ... intake shape looks nice :)

Do not be angry, but I am not going to reveal measurement, cost me much work done the tests so that I then copied

micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
I wasn't talking about a bigger wheel. Same size as 2260vklr so it would be a plug and play install without any mod. I would like a faster spool. PM me for details/value if you're interested in selling.
Cheers

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
Micasb
If possible, same size can make 2.0bar to 1600-1800 rpm, talking about private

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
You all seem so obsessed about billet compressors. The real question is what size turbine can mount inside the stock turbo. I'm guessing its still on the small side.

I'm planing on a VNT turbo with GTX67mm compressor and ~56mm turbine exducer if I can make one fit in C6 engine bay. With B8 it would fit easily.

Last edited:

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
Turbine with inducer can be more larger than the housing geometry, so there is no problem, engine 3 liters is necessary more large

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I'm sorry but I can't understand half of what you are saying. Compressor wheel doesn't know if its attached to petrol or diesel engine. Only thing that matters is flow and pressure ratio. With 3l engine and 24 valves it would only need bit over 2bar for maxing out the stock injectors. Now look at the effiency of that compressor with PR3.2 and roughly 40lbs flow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
I have to 1.8bar 350hp, you don't have to look at graphics! It is necessary to ascertain the extent and design of the compressor

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Are you trying to tell me that there is no need to look for compressor maps when selecting turbos? I disagree.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
Do I do testing in the car, who sells you compressors with the same design as garrett? To my make my wheels to my taste

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
That is what you don't understand? I have said that I do tests, with different combinations! You can see a post of mine a little below with that combination the turbo charge much more quickly, because garrett does not?Not ask silly questions.

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
That is what you don't understand? I have said that I do tests, with different combinations! You can see a post of mine a little below with that combination the turbo charge much more quickly, because garrett does not?Not ask silly questions.
you make better spool than stock Garrett..... so.... you are better than Garrett...

JW

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
Do not know to say anything more? We all know that you like the paint... :facepalm:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Yea. Everybody loves paint. Oh you don't? :D I recommend to learn write some English before next post. It is painful to read your texts with only occasional words correctly. Oh I forgot one thing

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
post the spec of your turbo with a matching dyno sheet or GTFO.

sorry but it is very hard to understand what you are saying

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
His expecting you all speak in spanish... at least that is how they work in their country and outside it :D

micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
Give the guy a break... Why is it so difficult to accept that someone can't write English as good as others here?
Want to discuss with the guy? Use PM. Non of the above comments about his writing adds knowledge to the forum...

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
Give the guy a break... Why is it so difficult to accept that someone can't write English as good as others here?
Want to discuss with the guy? Use PM. Non of the above comments about his writing adds knowledge to the forum...
But its still funny :D