Updated Pics Of My Car

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
While I had the camera out taking pics of the bypass setup, I took a few of the car. Since I last posted pics of it, I have added 16" NB wheels with 225/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, the "BORA" badge, and had L.A.Tint in Sterling, VA darken the glass.

Internal mods include the Mikro-Audio system and now the Amsoil Bypass Filter.

Over the next month I'll be adding the TT Stainless exhaust and Wett chip.

- Rich

[This message has been edited by TDI Believer (edited June 05, 2000).]

ibiza

TDI
ibiza1010
Wow! I've never seen that color on a Jetta or Golf before. It's quite stunning. Very nice looking car. The tint makes the car look even more classy. =)

Chris

------------------
Y2K Golf GLS TDI
Bright Green w/ Beige

TDI Believer

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Peter,

Keeping it stock-looking was the idea. Thanks for the compliment.

Chris,

2000 is the last year for Canyon Red.

- Rich

Stefan

NICE! (Please note the use of CAPITALS!)

Chris, you drive a true beauty! I love them weels man! Did you lower the car at all? Mine looks a lot higher...

If you want me to, I can try to find a T<font color="#FF0000">DI</font> badge for you. It'll go well with the Wett chip.

L8er,

Stefan

------------------
------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited June 05, 2000).]

TDI Believer

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Stefan,

Actually, someone else on the forums is supposed to be getting me a T<font color="#FF0000">DI</font> badge, don't know when though. I wouldn't mind having you get one for me plus a <font color="#FF0000">TDI</font> badge in case I get the urge to take things a little further down the road. I would be glad to get any North American items shipped to you that you might want. E-mail me at rkinkead@mmcorp.net.

I wonder what a Pump Duse, Six Speed, 4 Motion conversion would cost, LOL!!!

Thanks,

Rich

S

SkyPup

Rich, How do you like those Bridgestone 730's? Pretty nice huh? I was amazed at how quiet and compliant they are compared to the RE71's, plus they have a nice rim protector embedded around the rim to protect it from dings. Our NB has 225/45/17 RE730's and the Jetta has same in RE71's, the RE730's are better IMHO. The addition of heavy duty Bilstein shocks really stiffens things up too over the OEM marshmellow Sachs-boge units without lowering the chassis any.

TDI Believer

TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
SkyPup,

The 730s are by far the best tire I've ever driven. We also have the RE71s on my wife's Acura and IMHO the RE730s are more stable, quieter, and have almost twice the wear rating. In fact, I bought them on your recommendation. The RE71s are a great handling tire. The RE730s are even better.

The tires alone have improved the handling 10000% over the stock 15" Michelins! I had some kid in a lowered ricemobile try to overtake me on a curvy two lane freeway entrance ramp - I gave the car full power and just held on - the kid was history and the Jetta never came close to losing its grip.

The rim protector feature is great. I can see the advantage with the 8" wheels you have. I was concerned that 225/50ZR16s might be too wide for the NB wheels, but as it turned out they look great. The car looks like it has been taking steroids. Now it's time to give it some!

My wife and I will be attending a performance driving school in late October that is being held by her cousin's BMW club. It is a "bring your own car" event and is being held in NC. I hope to have the suspension completed by then.

I can't wait to see their faces when I show up in a Wett and Wild VW turbodiesel! This school devotes as much time in the classroom as it does on the track. "Beemer Bob" (cousin) is a BMW mechanic and racer.

Rich

[This message has been edited by TDI Believer (edited June 06, 2000).]

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
sorry for the extra tangent.

So Skypup, the extra $20 for the 730s over the 71s is worth it?

I was also looking at the Yoko A520. Similar price, excellent reputation from some of the volvo guys, and if a car ever needs a good tire a 700 or 200 series volvo does.

I have been able to break the MXV4s loose on one s turn entrance ramp and I have a friend who is trying to get me to 'try' an autocross, so new tires would be the first thing I want to look at. And since I am thinking about snows for next winter, well why not get something really good.