Update on how it drives

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
Well, Mother Nature has finally made it possible to test out my new creation in Snow. All I can is is UNFREAKINGBELEIVABLE! I changed over to 205/55 16 Dunlop Winter Sport M3 Snow tires in December. With 6" of snow on the ground the car drives like it is attached to the road with Velcro(TM)!!!!! The feel of the drive is definitely something new. Having owned a Ford Expedition and Mazda 323 GTX, I was acquainted with good traction before. but the combination of ESP with Snow tires and the 4-Motion system is unlike anything I have ever driven before.

I took time yesterday to test it on various back roads. The car overcame just about anything that I put in front of it. Including a very long steep hill that is known for being the route not to take when it snows. When the car would start to get in over its head the traction control started blinking and the car would just grunt through the snow. You could also hear the sound of the torsion differnetial as it distributed the power where it needed to be.

All of this and it still averaged over 35MPG.

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
Well, Mother Nature has finally made it possible to test out my new creation in Snow. All I can is is UNFREAKINGBELEIVABLE! I changed over to 205/55 16 Dunlop Winter Sport M3 Snow tires in December. With 6" of snow on the ground the car drives like it is attached to the road with Velcro(TM)!!!!!

All of this and it still averaged over 35MPG.