Update - 5/28/2004

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
Well, I just got back from a trip out to the west coast. While I was out there Dan, from Hillside Imports was kind enough to show me the backwoods of Oregon and more specifically, Hood River to meet with Nathan, the purveyor of the V6-TDI drivetrain.

While there I was the preverbal Kid in a candy store. I managed to acquire over 3 large boxes of parts for the project. (They should have came in the first place, but that is neither here nor there.) The parts should be here by 6/4/2004. If that is the case I should have everything that I need to bench start the motor prior to installation. My guess is I will be working on the setup on the weekend of June 5th. with a start day of June 12. If the motor starts and everything proves to be in order I have only a few minor parts left to acquire before I begin installation.

For the installation I am taking 1 week off from work and will work as many hours as needed to complete the task. Right now I am looking at the first week in July as a possible start point. My goal is to have the vehicle running and finished in time for TDI-Fest 2004.

Zero10

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf TDI PD, Tiptronic
Wow, this is really a great project.
I wonder if you would be so kind as to post some of the information about how you got the engine, and things like that.

I am interested in swapping that same engine into my car, however it is a slightly more ambitious project, as I drive an 86 porsche 944. But it sounds like fun =)

Would you perhaps be willing to post some physical dimensions of the motor, along with maybe a picture of the motor itself?

I am really quite interested in your project, and I hope it all goes well.

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
I hope things are going well. I haven't see any posts lately..... I hope that's not bad news.

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
I haven't see any posts lately.....
Hmmmm... I guess the art of observation can be quite elusive...

Currently the planned install date is 7/1/2004. I will be purchasing a web-cam this week and get everything setup so that we can live-broadcast the conversion on TDICLUB.

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
Awww... C'mon. Really???? Man, too bad it's Canada day, and I have a Show at the beach (Yes, can be a difficult industry this Live-Audio Business
) Wonder how I can tape it

Seriously, I cannot wait to see this thing completed. Truly an amazing undertaking, bar none. SVTWEB, you ARE the man!

Gus