Unofficial TDI Fest Venue for Saturday Night

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Folks, while the TDI Fest does not promote drinking and driving...we realize that a few may want to come to Wisconsin and partake in sipping some of our famous locally brewed beverages that we're so famous for.
After all, Wisconsin IS the beer capital of the WORLD.

I contacted the local microbrewery about our event coming into town. Here is their response:

Dear Jeff,

I spoke with Rob, our owner and brewer, and we will indeed have the facilities to accommodate your TDI Fest participants! I've secured a tent, tables and chairs for that day and I am still working on whether or not we can offer a tour to your participants as well..... I will let you know as soon as I can about that. Again, the music will be performed between 6 and 9 pm in our Beer Garden, the tent will be adjacent to the Beer Garden and reserved for your participants. The band is the Frankee Lee Trio and they play Chicago-style blues. It ought to be a really great time!

I will keep in touch with you through the upcoming days before TDI Fest. Thank you for contacting us about participating in your event!

Cheers!

Stacey McGinnis
Tyranena Brewing Company
1025 Owen Street - PO Box 736
Lake Mills, WI 53551
920-648-8699
We are working on getting a large van to perhaps commute folks to and from the hotel to the microbrewery on Saturday night (we'd like for those that do drink to have a safe option). The blues band sound great! This IS a kid friendly brew house. They serve root beer (don't know if it's brewed there or not?) for the kids or designated drivers. Beer garden is open till midnight. All that we ask is that you PLEASE drink responsibly. We'd hate if anyone had a run in with Johnny Law or one of our large furry brown animals (deer) that are so predominant around here.

I will let you know when I hear weather or not we'll be able to get a tour.

Later, Jeff

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
You read my mind. I was just looking at their website. Here is what is currently on tap at the brewery.
CURRENTLY ON TAP IN THE TASTING ROOM:

Honey Blonde Ale
Headless Man Amber Alt
Stone Tepee Pale Ale
Bitter Woman India Pale Ale
Rocky’s Revenge Bourbon Brown Ale
Chief BlackHawk Porter

SEASONAL
Gemuetlichkeit Oktoberfest

SPECIALTY
Oatmeal Stout
Spank Me Baby! Barley Wine

SODA
Tyranena Root Beer Soda

I think I'll have to try one of each

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
This sounds fun!

jachady

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
auto dealer
The van is reserved. It will be available free of charge to TDIFest participants to travel to and from after hours events in Lake Mills. It can hold 10 passengers at a time. We will work out a schedule as to when it will be running back and forth.
The van will also be available Sunday morning to retrieve cars wisely left at the local establishments.
On a side note, Monti's (the bar serving our lunch) is trying to reserve a band for that night also, so there may be two places to go.

John