Unofficial MK7 Oil Change Guide

davidlp

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Sportwagen 2015 Blue Silk
Thanks. I learned of the SX version later on another thread and have ordered that.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
did the 30K change on the passat wednesday night, I gotta say I think the Passat has way more room by the filter than the Golf, it wasn't that bad except some splashing when dumping the oil filter housing plug.

I did seem to misplace my T25 socket, I used it to take the belly pan off, when I went to replace it could not for the life of me find the socket, I've searched all over the garage and boom utterly disappeared, I feel so defeated.

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @250K, 150K on B99, 99 Jetta sedan 250k, 20k on B99. 2015 tdi sedan, 35k
how do you reset service indicator?

Iridebikesalot

TDI
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Jason,

You rock. I managed to get everything done start to finish in 42 min :)

Would've been a much bigger headache without your amazing tutorial. Thanks so much!

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
What is the point for putting insulation on the oil pan? Engine noise?

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 105 BLS 2007
Hold trip while turning on ignition for oil.

Service might need vcds?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Just did my first oil change on our "new to us" Golf and the service indicator reset procedure in the owners manual is missing a step. Like you say, hold trip, turn ign on, then the oil change/inspection service appears. The manual doesn't say that the trip reset button is to be released when the ignition is turned on and pressed again when the service you want to reset turns up on the MFD. It says something about pressing OK on the steering wheel but that didn't do anything.
I failed to reset the bloody message until I googled it and found out about pressing the trip again to reset. I seem to recall that the A4 Golfs also had a step in the reset procedure that wasn't clear in the owners manual.
Other than that the oil change went well :)