Thank you for the kind words, I really do appreciate it! As far as the loaner, hopefully this is almost over. I am a laid back, easy going person, I don't do the whole "demands" thing, that's part of why this situation has been so weird for me because I've had to get a little agressive with some people. Even if they did decide to put me in something else, I'd have an almost 4hr round trip so unless it's gonna be another month or something, I'll just make do. I will know a lot more after today I hope, I'll see what I have to do from here.If I were you I would look up the buyback value on your Touareg that was provided during the dieselgate scandal and attempt to get that $ amount from VW. I don't have a copy handy, but you should be able to find one on the web. My guess is that its a $30-35k value or something around that.
Also, if you don't like your offer I strongly advise getting a lawyer. I believe that the Dieselgate emissions warranty gives you a very strong ground to get properly compensated.
And unless this is resolved to your satisfaction ASAP, I'd also demand an equittable rental car. I think they ought to have you driving a new Atlas while you wait.
As far as the buyback, I don't believe any of that extends to anyone that purchases the car AFTER its been turned in and the fix done and then re sold. I'm not trying to make out like a bandit, I'm not trying to get anything I don't deserve, I'm not asking for anything above and beyond. If it ends up a buyback I would simply expect basic Lemon Law buyback procedures which would be 100% of the full purchase price of the car, all taxes and dealer fees included. There's even an allowance for the manufacturer to deduct mileage from that value, I would be okay with that. That seems like an honest, reasonable solution. Now if they come back with some lowball bs offer to take it off my hands we'll be taking a legal route. I've been waiting to hear what they even say first before I make any more big decisions, but they've strung me along from Dec 22nd, to Jan 8th, to now Jan 12th. Its straight up limbo and has been for weeks now, freaking miserable.