Under seat storage trays.

KHCRTDI

TDI
2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen
Does anyone here have the under seat compartments for the mk6 golf or JSW? Wondering if they are large enough to hold a compact “thunder stick”. (Not sure what rules are for firearm talk) Obviously not to store when I’m not in the car. More so to just have a place to store while driving.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I know by Michigan game laws, can’t be loaded or accessible. I know that doesn’t answer your question and Unsure if that applies to your situation, but food for thought

KHCRTDI

TDI
2011 VW Jetta Sportwagen
I’m pretty sure if you have your CPL, it can be both. It’s just kind of uncomfortable having it on your person while driving.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Hi,

I'm not sure how much room is under the seat (looks awful hard to get to and is kinds smallish / awkwardly located) but the slickest solution I saw was a magnet mount either under the dash , by the center console, or even on the drivers door (cross draw) if a rightie....

Some of those solutions are not much in the way of concealment but certainly easier to access than under the seat (unless of course concealment is the intent) ?

Maybe a magnetic mount and just throw the floor mat over the top?

Is simply carrying not an option?

I'm in VA so maybe we are a little "freer" than other areas....

Andrew

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
I have the underseat drawers installed in '14 JSW TDI, and they are kinda small, and I like them. I have several bits of hardware, what size are you interested in storing? Maybe give me length, height and width, and I'll check.