Under seat drawer install/seat removal

creativemedia

TDI
Jetta TDI
Good day all....

Finally warming up & get to tinker with the car.

I picked up an underseat drawer for the pass side of our MKV jetta.
The drawer came with no install instructions but i think i can figure it out.

I would like to remove the seat & work on it inside with more room etc.

Heres my question...
Being that the seat is heated & has a side airbag, can I safely unplug them from the connectors under the seat (so i can remove the seat entirely), with out damage or activating the airbag?

Want to be sure and not have a big surprise when i unplug or re-connect.

many thanks for any input.

Allan

creativemedia

TDI
Jetta TDI
Many thanks for the info...

Good info, now im just wondering about the unplugging of the heater, airbag correctly.

al

subdvr99

TDI
2006 BRM (Sold)
Frankly, it will take you longer to move the seat inside and bring it back out than it will to just tilt it in place (without disconnecting anything) and install it. It takes like 5 minutes. Just make sure you have your tools ready to go, like rivet gun, 12-point socket and screwdriver (that's all you need, if I recall).

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
1.Slide seat forward, remove two 12 point bolts at rear of rails.
2.Slide seat back, remove two bolts at front of rails.

ADDED,
PUT CARDBOARD (or something..) UNDER BACK OF RAILS to protect carpet.

3.Tilt entire seat backwards so bottom is exposed and install drawer.

4.Reverse procedure to finish.

The underlined part is the only part I would like to have added to
the original directions. Otherwise great directions!!! Thanks, they
helped me do mine last year.

I did not unplug anything.

HTH

Bill

creativemedia

TDI
Jetta TDI
hey, thanks... i think i will do that.
Not too much slack on the cable, but going to give it a go.
thx

Prophet of Doom

TDI
Spice Red 2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed manual
Drivers side has electric tilt control. I read the drawer will not work on electric seats. Does that apply to the tilt only electric option?

creativemedia

TDI
Jetta TDI
I ordered & installed the passenger side version, knowing it would not fit on our full powered drivers side.

Grey Ghost

TDI
2006 DSG TDI Package 1

LILNITROJOE

TDI
2006 JETTA TDI PKG#2 DSG CAMPANELLA WHITE OVER BEIGE
Grey Ghost said:
I installed the driver's side drawer and I have power seats. I followed the Hillsideimports instructions and I have had it in for over 6-months and no problems with either the drawer or the power seats.
Is'nt there an amplifier under the driver's seat that would make this install impossible??

tpowel2

TDI
2005.5 Jetta 5 spd
LILNITROJOE said:
Is'nt there an amplifier under the driver's seat that would make this install impossible??
My 05.5 has the amplifier, but I was able to install the drawers on both sides with no problems.

ANIMAL

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 Jetta PKG 2 Silver 5 spd
Whats the scoop on these storage trays and power seats ive read that they will not fit under the drivers power seat and now im seeing some people that say they have done it, are some of the power seats different mine has the memory function and would like to know if the trays will fit.

wildslag

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, 5-speed, pkg 1, blue
Ah, thank goodness, because I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these drawers.

lancellotto

TDI
2006 Jetta 5-speed TDI, Pkg 1 w/Navi, North Sea Green / Pure Beige
PS my stealership tried to tell me it would be $75 for the drawer PLUS $34 for the sleeve :(

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta, 2013 JSW, 2015 PASSAT SEL
Any final answer on the power seat question, my seat is manual for forward and backward motion but electric tilt. I am not where I can get to my car but I am pretty sure there is a bluetooth module or something under my passenger seat. I would LOVE to have one of these drawers.

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
mirage2521 said:
Any final answer on the power seat question, my seat is manual for forward and backward motion but electric tilt. I am not where I can get to my car but I am pretty sure there is a bluetooth module or something under my passenger seat. I would LOVE to have one of these drawers.
The drawer will fit. The only seat it would be a problem with is a full power seat with memory. I have installed the drawers on two different cars on both left and right sides, both cars with electric recline only, and have not had a problem.

Last edited:

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
motoblue said:
The drawer will fit. The only seat it would be a problem with is a full power seat with memory. I have installed the drawers on two different cars on both left and rear sides, both cars with electric recline only, and have not had a problem.
Great now if I can just find some

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I'm confused. 1stVWparts appears to list just the drawer, not the entire kit. They don't show a photo, just a drawing of the individual parts.

Am I reading this correctly?

Also, any idea why the different colors on the ecstuning site are priced so differently?

mirage2521

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I ordered one, drivers side. I will report back as soon as I get it installed.

SRX

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
tdiatlast said:
I'm confused. 1stVWparts appears to list just the drawer, not the entire kit. They don't show a photo, just a drawing of the individual parts.

Am I reading this correctly?

Also, any idea why the different colors on the ecstuning site are priced so differently?
Unfortunately, I had already ordered one (drivers side) from OEMplus (before finding 1stvw) for $105...but when they tack on the $25 s/h it came out to $130 :mad:. When the time comes I will be ordering the passenger side from 1stVW.

Give them a call if your confused on the parts...they have been very helpful to me in the past.

I believe the price difference is a "Supply & Demand" issue.