Two Month Club

Narvelous81

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI
Hey, another "green checkmarks" email. After waiting since November 10th, I get an email for additional documentation, previous registration. I fax that in and while waiting for that green checkmark, I get another additional documentation email, proof of vehicle acquisition. I fax that in as well.

So now everything has a green checkmark next to it. I wonder if it's going to be another 2 months before they ask for more paperwork.....

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Called back again because I like wasting my time... They still had the payoff fax but couldn't import it to the system. did a conference call and the vw guy asked all the questions to the credit union.

I'd like to think that helped but not counting on it...

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Finally received my offer letter today!! Only 58 working days or 87 calendar days. I'll get it notarized and returned today. I only hope the rest is a quick turn around and I don't have a 2 month wait for a turn-in appointment.

I recommend having your bank fax the loan information to VW. I did this the last week of January because it seemed like I was getting nowhere. Last week I was informed via the online VW chat that they had finally received my bank loan payoff information. My bank indicated VW never requested it. So, I believe this may have helped move things forward, but then again it could have been coincidence.

First uploaded documents on 9/26/2016, check marks on 11/15/2016, no other requests for additional documentation, but I did find I had the wrong loan number on my financial consent form. Faxed updated consent form around the third week of January and finally an offer on 2/9/2017!

The end is near!

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Superfast turnaround on acceptance of the notarized offer, like less than an hour. Only issue is the earliest appointment date is March 29th....at least that knocks me down to the next lower mileage bracket, assuming I don't drive the car between now and then.

UPDATE: I was able to move my turn-in date to March 1st at another dealership. Anyone who lives in an area with multiple dealerships should check for earlier turn-in dates if that's an issue for you. I was surprised to see a full month earlier. I could have even turned it in at the end of February, but March rolls my mileage to the next lower bracket by a whole 56 miles. Luckily the dealer is only 38 miles from my house.

Last edited:

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
UPDATE: I was able to move my turn-in date to March 1st at another dealership. ...March rolls my mileage to the next lower bracket by a whole 56 miles.
That's awesome!

Hey, if you wouldn't mind posting all the hairy details, your buyback will put to rest the calendar month changeover vs. 15th or 18th as has been speculated by a few.

We have first hand accounts on the forum of 2nd and 3rd of the month turn-ins bumping into the next higher payment bracket, but they've never posted their full details (model, options, mileage) to satisfy the naysayers.

Would you post yours, maybe start a new thread? This would comfort a lot of owners, I'm sure.

Congrats, BTW.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Hey, if you wouldn't mind posting all the hairy details, your buyback will put to rest the calendar month changeover vs. 15th or 18th as has been speculated by a few.
I'll be sure to post it. I'm interested to find out myself. Reading through the settlement docs, it simply says months since Sept 2015, and even uses an example of counting the integer months since September for determining mileage adjustment. If it's the middle of the month I might have to delay my buyback. ;) BTW, the mileage adjustment going into March puts my car right at 39944 miles (58700-(18x1042)), barely dropping me into the next lower bracket.

air1mtt

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI: took buyout, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI: took buyout
Nov 16th everything submitted and checked. Just got email asking for bank info. I had called bank earlier and asked if they had been contacted by VOA for payout info. They had not. Faxed the payout info today. Need the green checks and offer, then notarize and send back all pages. I think I am still a few months out . . .

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
I don't know, once they had the lender info, things went pretty fast for me, about a week to get the offer then I went all the way from printing out the offer to scheduling the turn in appt. all in about 6 hours. Admittedly I am retired and could take it straight to the bank who both motorized and scanned it and emailed it back to me(as well as offering me a loan on the next one). The kicker is having to wait nearly 7 weeks to the first available turn in date at the only dealer within 50 miles.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Offer received today on my 2011 Jetta. Document was dated 22 Nov 16. I was partly to blame by submitting multiple claims with different email addresses. The extra ones were closed out earlier today, with the offer received a few hours afterward. There is a God.

GearHd6

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium 6 Speed
Did they tell you it was due to multiple claims? I had two claims created and got an offer on my first claim. I think the portal people will tell you anything to take the blame off them.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
I have yet not spoken once to the VW support folks. Had my son call to cancel the dupes. The car hasn't moved since September. Only $25/month for insurance. And the wait will now get me an additional $600. So not really complaining.

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
VW seems to have this thing running pretty smoothly now. A coworker just registered on the site this month and uploaded docs on 2/6. He already received his offer letter on 2/14!!! No loan, clean title car. I wish ours went that fast. Of course he'll probably have a 4-8 week wait time to turn it in at a dealer.

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
From the auto week article today:

VW said Tuesday that it has received claims from 360,000 current and former 2.0-liter owners and has made settlement offers to more than 300,000 owners.

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
I just received my offer today, it was dated Dec 15th so exactly 60 days. Notarized within 2 hrs and received approval 2 hrs later. Return date set for March 4th.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
We had a duplicate, they said they cancelled it 2 weeks ago, they then said the dup was holding it up this week. They must have really cancelled it as after the second credit union 3 way call in 7 days offer letter this am.

I really am sorry for those without letters yet, it SUCKS!! Our final resolution was daily calls checking and working with team leaders, not the first to answer.

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
Apparently my holdup was the duplicate claim I'd entered to see if it would speed things up. I have my offer letter now.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Will be 4 months on the 27th! But - the buyback is scheduled for 15 days from now - FINALLY !! Come on March 9th at 2:30PM. Need to be paying my saving account back for the cash I used to buy my new (to me) 2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid ! Payment from VW will cover the cost of buying that beautiful -great riding Lincoln that gets a same or better fuel mileage AND the fuel doesn't cost as much.