Turbo issues but car is getting bought back

zmann96

TDI
2012 Black Passat TDI Premium SEL
2012 Passat SEL TDI . 118,000 miles Last Friday I was heading back from Canada, the glow plug light came on for the last 150 miles. I had no tools but had my scanner. I checked the code and it was the turbo boost. I had no power. I cleared the code and run just Ok but had to keep clearing. I got home and got underneath and found the bottom intercooler elbow slide off a bit. I cleaned it up after a cup of oil leaked out. Thought my problems were gone. It started coding again and now it won't clear the glow plug flashing. The code is P2563. My question is and I understand it's not a guarantee what's my chances it will last until December 6th when they are supposed to let me know I can run it into the dealer? I hate to spend anymore money on this car, it's been one thing after another. I think I'm getting a refund for the adblue heater that went almost a year ago. Thanks in advance.

zmann96

TDI
Could it be the actuator ? how can I test without buying equipment I'll never use again after VW buys it back.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Yeah- if you're still under 120K (sounds like you're close!) call VW, give them your VIN and see if you're covered on the turbo.

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
A cup of oil is way too much. Turbo is likely toast.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Either have them fix it under warranty OR stop driving it. If you continue to drive it, you risk severe damage to your engine due to oil ingestion. No sense in ruining your buyback chances just because you want to drive the car one more time.

The Dieselgate also comes with free roadside assistance. Have the car towed to the dealer for turbo replacement. It is important that you don't run the engine anymore until it's fixed.

zmann96

TDI
I called and if it's the Turbo, it's covered but if it's the actuator or something else it will cost me the scan $107. He said it could be the actuator or an injector, I said but it's smoking? he said it could be an injector? I didn't think one injector would loose that much power cause P2563 and smoke? I will most likely bring it in on Monday, hoping it's the turbo.

zmann96

TDI
I felt the guy was just blowing smoke when he said that because I questioned it but said it could be but didn't say it very convincingly. I'll find out Monday

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
He's just covering his ass in case it isn't the turbo. They will charge you a diagnostic fee if the problem isn't covered under warranty.

Be sure to use your free roadside assistance and have the car towed to the dealer.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Park it until turn in day, easy enough.