Turbo inlet pipe need help finding one

xLazybuttx

TDI
So idk if this is the right area to post this but I’m looking for a turbo inlet pipe for my 98 vw Jetta tdi it has the ahu motor and the part number is zsb 1h0 129 654 r. Ive been looking for like couples months and can’t find any. I’ve look at alot of places but they don’t sell them any more. So I figured I’d ask some people that might have extra ones they not using or know someone that has one they don’t want or something I’m just in need of one.

Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 210k miles
What's wrong with yours? Did your flange just break and come disconnected or do you have a more serious crack?

There are some used ones for around 100 bucks if you can link up with someone. You can post in the buying/selling section to see if anyone has one. HOWEVER, i personally decided not to spend more money on plastic that will probably fail years later anyway. What you might be able to do is get a section of silicone hose, cut it to the right size and hose clamp it to the turbo and what is left of your inlet pipe.

See a couple posts below yours. I'm gauging interest to see about getting an aluminum part machined. If that's something you're interested in, post in my thread and maybe we get a part fabricated if we get a couple more people interested. This is a VERY common part to fail, which is probably why there are none left on the market.

xLazybuttx

TDI
What's wrong with yours? Did your flange just break and come disconnected or do you have a more serious crack?

There are some used ones for around 100 bucks if you can link up with someone. You can post in the buying/selling section to see if anyone has one. HOWEVER, i personally decided not to spend more money on plastic that will probably fail years later anyway. What you might be able to do is get a section of silicone hose, cut it to the right size and hose clamp it to the turbo and what is left of your inlet pipe.

See a couple posts below yours. I'm gauging interest to see about getting an aluminum part machined. If that's something you're interested in, post in my thread and maybe we get a part fabricated if we get a couple more people interested. This is a VERY common part to fail, which is probably why there are none left on the market.
So basically I was working on it with a couple buddy’s and one of them was leaning on it and broke two big pieces off of where it Connects to the turbo and so a easy was I fixed it was using jb weld which held together for a couple months and then it decided to give out but only one pice that I’m aware of come off and I still have the one pice that came off but I just want to replace it to make sure it doesn’t happen again for a long time. Right I wouldn’t want to spend that kind of money and it just to fail again. That a good idea I will have to try using the silicone hose to see if that will work for time being, but I’d definitely be interested in doing that if that’s possible I just will need to know pricings first before I can decide on doing it or not. Thank you for the help and ideas

redcorradoguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI, '78 Bus with '98 AHU
Hey Rig- Did you ever come up with something?

Looking to install a(nother) AHU in my '78 Bus and this pipe was a weak point I'd like to eliminate.

I cannot believe nobody has come up with some kind of upgrade kit!

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I don't remember the particulars but I used a piece of radiator hose and a couple screw clamps. I fink I had to do some filing/sanding of the pipe to make it round.

Yes, I know it wasn't oil proof.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
it's fairly straight-forward if you're good with mycgyvering things to make a new and better one with a piece of 90deg angled 2.5" or so stainless or aluminum pipe (siliconeintakes.com) + couple silicone adapters

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hey Rig- Did you ever come up with something?

Looking to install a(nother) AHU in my '78 Bus and this pipe was a weak point I'd like to eliminate.

I cannot believe nobody has come up with some kind of upgrade kit!
Not many 1Z/AHU motor cars left anymore, so parts getting even more difficult to get. I remember that flange breaking on my 98 Jetta and I believe I fixed it with JBWeld. Can't remember if it happened on my 97 Passat or not...