Turbo confusion

Wduval

TDI
2002 1.9 Alh Jetta and 1991 Jetta 1.6 td
So last year I wasn’t having boost issues. Went through everything with no fix. Had a spare alh car laying around with some stuff done to it (11mm pump, big injectors and what we were told was a vnt-17 turbo)
Wanted more power so I stole the injectors and threw them into my car. They are pp 520 injectors. Never got the car tuned for them.
So then I swapped the turbo onto my car after trying to fix everything vacuum related to fix low boost issue. While swapping the turbo it said vnt-15 on the housing. Figured they guy i bought the car from just lied about it.
My car was completely stock except for a Jeff Stevenson tune. I put this turbo on and it seemed to run better with it. But it boosted/spooled weird. In neutral it will hit 5 psi. Which it never did before. And then while driving it also drives super weird. If you have ever drove a 2 stroke quad or dirt bike, it’s almost similar to that. In first it hits 10psi with pretty much now power till higher rpm. Same with the other gears. Spools up very fast. But no power till probably around 1800-2000 rpm. Hits that rpm range and then the boost drops down like 5-10 psi then pulls really good. Constantly it hits 15-20 psi while being super doggy and no power, then boost drops and it starts to pull good and builds back the 20-25 psi of boost.
recently rebuilt the engine, completely stock except I got bigger intercooler piping, 11mm injection pump and 3bar map sensor. And now it’s got some turbo surge/flutter. Lugging it at a low rpm it makes 5-10 psi of boost, Shift and it flutters/surges. All gears up to 4th. I want to say someone played with the turbo actuator adjustment but I’m not sure.
many help is appreciated. Before I wreck a turbo and have to put more money into the car.

car is still on a Jeff Stevenson tune, tune was on it when it had stock 10mm injection pump and stock injectors. I know I need a tune.I’m just looking for help withmy turbo situation

thanks