turbo and injectors

luibags

TDI
02 Jetta 5 speed, 02 Jetta auto, 02 golf 5speed, 81 caddy 1.9 5speed
so i have another ALH set up i took out of another car and i plan on putting it in my car in the future and i want to clean it up nice and do all the maintenance and paint it,i also want to upgrade the turbo and injectors,what would i need to do to make it happen? do i also need a bigger intercooler?

Hinzipwo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI (auto)
there is tons of vendors on this site that have performance parts available, kermatdi and idparts to name a few. if you're just doing a modest turbo upgrade lets say a vnt-17 and some nice injectors to go along you wont have to upgrade your inter-cooler. the stock inter cooler holds up pretty well as long as you're not pushing to much boost. lets say a stage 2 tune bringing you up to around the 160hp range will be fine on your stock intercooler, the real bottleneck is the map sensor in your intercooler.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
The stock intercooler will heat soak at 160 hp, 10 seconds at full throttle and your fueling will be reduced to stock. And then if you push to 160 hp you really need an EGT gauge as you can melt your turbo.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
The only substitute for cubic inches is rectangular dollars.
The two posts above both describe some options.
It seems the more money you spend, the more money you have to spend to support the money you spent.
Power is a very slippery slope, and it is easy to get the "what if I did..."