Turbo Actuator CEL Question

neb32

TDI
12 JSW TDi
My MK6 JSW threw a CEL.
I put the VAG Com on and it said there was an issue with the turbo actuator. I went through the troubleshooting and determined that the actuator is the issue. I cleared the codes and continue to drive it.
The turbo had been replaced with the dieselgate emissions update. I went to the VW dealer to see if this was something covered by the warranty. They told me it most likely would be covered. I could replace the actuator my self, but if VW does it under warranty, I will get a new turbo. But they will not warranty it unless it shows the CEL that was cleared. So I should not have cleared my codes.
Is there a way to manually get the actuator to throw the code I had previously had?
I can feel the turbo output is no longer smooth and my MPG is down.

Thank you in advance.

ironman86

TDI
2014 jetta tdi sedan
What was the code? And also the dealership by me I took my car to with the check engine light and codes they told me even though something happened to turn the light on when they checked the parts the codes were for they were working at that time so they just reset the codes and sent me packing I’ve been fighting with them over it for 3 wks now I’ve even pulled out my warranty pamphlet and extended emissions warranty paperwork from diesel gate and showed them all the places it mentioned warranty covered parts covered if it’s defective or workmanship related and the Volkswagen and the dealerships apparently the definition of defective is filleI’ve even pulled out my warranty pamphlet and extended emissions warranty paperwork from diesel gate and showed them all the places it mentioned warranty covered parts covered if it’s defective or workmanship related and the Volkswagen and the dealerships apparently the definition of defective is failed ? lol. I even pulled up the definition of defective on my phone and showed them. The service manager looked me square in the eye and said Volkswagen hast to see a failed part before they’re paying for warranty coverageThe service manager looked me square in the eye and said Volkswagen has to see proof of a failed part before honoring warranty