TT fender vent

01tdiJEtt

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
It's been almost two months now and my TT inner fender vent (wheel well) is still still on the floor in my house! whats the best way to install this piece, i know it wont just fit in the factory location , should i be cutting the vent out and fastening it in somehow? or some other way ? someone help me please i cant seem to figure out a easy way.
-Greg

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
When I did this (before my FMIC days) I did the following

Remove oem arch liner and set next to the TT liner. Cut out vent from TT liner leaving a good overlap, leaving the gappy liner in same place. Offer up vent to your current liner, and trace out the area of the vented bit only, which will sit in the hole. Cut out hole and offer up vent. In theory if you've put it in same place the bend in the vent should match the gap it's going in. I then used polyurethane adhesive (that black gunky stuff) to seal it on, and also used about 8 small self tapping screws to hold it in place.

This arch liner has since been given to another person, and I'm using the normal one. Was fun doing it though. :)

TDIRyan

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI Black
I made my own when I put 235/40 18's on the front... they chewed a slit about 8 inches by 1 inch and it works great! Cost...FREE! Yeah, it worked (even though it was a side affect of a mod), but I wouldn't recommend this method...

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I have no liner... Guess I'll just replace with a spare from the junkyard...

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
the liners are pretty cheap even from the dealer just replaced my drivers one for under 50 cdn...

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I'm sure the junkyards I frequent will just give them to me...

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
would there be a cheaper plate with holes at like Lowes or Home depot or something? gotta be cheaper way

Eric B

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Run up to about 130mph and it will push the stock liner into the tire and you'll make your own.

Found this out yesterday! Now I need a new liner and new install hardware.

Gil

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 auto wagon and 2004 stick
I used a small cutoff wheel on my Dremal tool to cut the wheel well plastic. Then I used a propane torch to heat and bend the plastic into slats.
The hardest part of the job was jacking the car up and removing the wheel. If you take your time you can do a very nice job. The cost was $0. only time.
Both of my cars have this modification.