TSi use of AdBlue space?

LongEz

TDI
None yet
Since it seems unlikely that my 2016 GSW TDi will be delivered anytime soon, I am considering a TSi version. Does anybody know how the space is used? It would be neat to piggyback on an "aux tank" in the location of the AdBlue tank. Or, as I'm afraid, is the space used for independent suspension?
Thanks in advance,
LongEz

saganian1

TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI 6MT 5D
According to fueleconomy.gov the TSI is equipped with a 13.2 gallon gas tank, which is the same as the TDI tank.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Looking at the pictures in ETKA, the 1.8L's fuel tank looks totally different than the TDI's does, so I very much doubt they are the exact same capacity. Completely different shape and everything.

There is probably not *that* much of a difference, in capacity, though.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Looking at the pictures in ETKA, the 1.8L's fuel tank looks totally different than the TDI's does, so I very much doubt they are the exact same capacity. Completely different shape and everything.

There is probably not *that* much of a difference, in capacity, though.
The TSI seems to have a weird fuel tank and evap system. Nominal and real capacity are different things. After the first auto-shutoff of the nozzle, I can squeeze a full TEN extra litres in; that's more than venting on a Mk IV or B5.5. I'm loath to do that for the health of the evap system though, but I think going at least one or two clicks more is probably OK.

If you stop filling at the first click, the fuel gauge moves off F very quickly, and sometimes will indicate below F and seriously reduces range. Filling to the very brim and 800 km range on a TSI is possible in winter, and 900 might even be feasible in summer, but I think that's risky for the evap system. As it is, going a click or two past the first click, I can get about 700-750 km this time of year. It's nominally a 50L tank whereas the Mk IV, V and VI had nominal 55L tanks.