TSB for Canadian Coolant

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
Brought our 2013 in for it's 1st service today.

I was told that there is a TSB for the coolant. I'll get the number later when I pickup the car.

A couple of weeks ago, I tested the coolant because I had to add some before a 4K road trip. It was rated for -22C.

Apparently it will be corrected and the coolant will now be rated for -45.

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav

VernK

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat 2.5L Gas
Invoice shows:
Campaign 01A2
Check coolant Freeze point (-42) not present correct freeze
QTY 16
FP Number G013A8JS0

Vern, Interesting that they did that for you in Kelowna since "the temperature typically varies from -6°C to 29°C and is rarely below -13°C or above 34°C." according to
http://weatherspark.com/averages/28296/Kelowna-British-Columbia-Canada
Same "campaign" number. Lots of destinations within about a half hour of Kelowna where temps might dip below -20 during the winter. On the valley bottom, we'll typically see -15 to -20 once or twice a winter at least once.

Yours
Vern

Trvln Canuk

TDI
2013 Passat TL TDI
The states bordering the Canadian border get the same temps that we do, some even colder (ie North Dakota, Northern Minnesota). I would think that all the cars would need the same protection, as VW does not know where one is going to drive to. I see many Florida cars in Northern Ontario, Manitoba and points west.

Jayg

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta 6MT-VW bought back as a lemon
Probably, most in the lower 48 don't get the temps we see....well, except Alaska.

Regards
To be fair, Alaska isn't in the lower 48. I have seen those temperatures in Minnesota before however. There are a few spots I can think of that get that cold in the continental US.

Bug Smasher

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
What is your build date? I have a 2013 Passat TDI Trendline, rolled off the line on Dec 5, 2012. I've just checked and my VIN doesn't have any recalls.

Last edited: