Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

bskiusaf

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Any in the Blacksburg VA area. I have a 2004 TDI that will likely need a timing belt in 30k miles(about what I drive a year).

Thanks!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Any in the Blacksburg VA area. I have a 2004 TDI that will likely need a timing belt in 30k miles(about what I drive a year).

Thanks!
You should post in the VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) category ! This area is to find a Guru. All Gurus are not listed here.
If you were not so far away, I'd be glad to do your TB;

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
DIESEL LAND in Golden CO is officially closed. Anuthee is heading in a different direction in life. Such a great guy and even better shop, going to be missed.

Anyone else have recommendation out here in the Denver area?

Jetta Surf Wagon

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
DIESEL LAND in Golden CO is officially closed. Anuthee is heading in a different direction in life. Such a great guy and even better shop, going to be missed.

Anyone else have recommendation out here in the Denver area?
On the Western Slope and need clutch help!

Need a TDI Guru near Glenwood Springs?
Was about to call Anutnee but saw your post was 13 minutes ago.
I can travel - I got a Stealership quote of 2800 to fix the clutch on my 2012 JSW…
Could really use a point in the right direction myself.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf

I can travel - I got a Stealership quote of 2800 to fix the clutch on my 2012 JSW…
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here! What’s funny is that I am currently purchasing a 12 JSW with 53k miles and will need a few things done.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.

A clutch isn't really diesel related, so you should be able to find a good independent VW/Audi shop out there...

blastedbiggs

TDI
2002 Jetta ALH
Any good shops in the Spokane WA area? Have been having trouble find any recommendations.
Europro in the Valley is probably the most professional and knowledgable when it comes to TDIs in the whole Spokane/CDA area, they just cost an arm and a leg. Their parts department is wildly overpriced, but they know what they're doing.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Please add my shop
Danny's Auto Repair
1200 Rue du Belier
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 345-8327
I have over 100 five star reviews on Google, many from satisfied VW owners.
Ordinarily we ask satisfied customers to recommend shops. And typically these shops specialize in Volkswagens and Audis, or on German cars of all brands. The shops that work on all makes and models often do not have the expertise or the right tools to work on TDIs.

Having said that, sometimes shops like yours are the only option in states like Louisiana. Given a choice, I'd rather have you work on my TDI than go to a VW dealership.

TDI
Jetta
In lousiana its hard to have A shop that only does euro. This is pick up truck yee yee boy land. But I have the tools needed to work on all VW Diesel and gas with Access too VW tech Support. I only get oem parts from world pack or the vw dealer.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
There are excellent sources of parts from trusted Vendors that are members of the TDI Club..........

Yes, and I use them too but shops have overhead and margin to think about as well as liability. Worldpac and the dealer can an do supply OE and OEM parts to shops at a WHOLESALE level.

Ragdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
I have 2 shops I would recommend in Prescott, Arizona
DeYoung European owners name is Darren
and/or
European Auto Techs owners name is Chris

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
As a shop ownerI have to be able to issue a warrantyAnd I have to have trust in the part I'm selling
And you can definitely trust the quality of any parts from Cascade German, idparts, and metalmanparts, all of which quietly support this FREE website. Do you see any ads here? Are you a supporting member?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
When a customer expects to pick up his car at 5 o'clock, the mechanic cannot wait several days for a part to arrive from one of our recommended vendors. Especially if WorldPac delivers two or three times every day.

TDI
Jetta
When a customer expects to pick up his car at 5 o'clock, the mechanic cannot wait several days for a part to arrive from one of our recommended vendors. Especially if WorldPac delivers two or three times every day.
Dealer is and world pack is a lot faster to get parts in and cars back on the road

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
For immediate needs worldpac-dealer local other supplier. For planned work and orders I use IDParts.com.

Vwkaferman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I have 2 shops I would recommend in Prescott, Arizona
DeYoung European owners name is Darren
and/or
European Auto Techs owners name is Chris
What have you had done up there? What parts do they use (specifically wondering about timing belt/water pump). I need to get mine done and have been wondering who’s any good in AZ. I’m in Mesa.

James

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome! Wrong thread for this posting though. This is where your post should be:

Lots here to read and learn!

Dadwagon22

TDI
2005 jetta wagon 1.9l bew
Welcome! Wrong thread for this posting though. This is where your post should be:

Lots here to read and learn!
ty very much
....so lost