Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It isn't perfect and I have said a number of times before, you still have to check these guys out too. Just because they are on the list doesn't make them a god. There are a few that are widely known and respected but all the others still need to be checked out.

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
Please change my info, I moved.
Right now it shows me in Wisconsin with a Crystal Lake address. Thanks!!
ILLINOIS
MiksTDI
Matthew Miks
1396 Boxwood Drive
Crystal Lake, IL. 60014
847-372-1544 (cell - feel free to text)
MiksTDI@Gmail.com

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
tdi guru on or near long island??? timing belt is almost due.
It's worth traveling 100+ miles to make sure the work is done properly. There are several recommended TDI mechs in NJ and in Port Jervis, NY. But the list may include people who have moved or who are no longer working on TDIs, so contact several. Also, you will probably want to get your own TB kit from one of the top vendors.

wagontdi82

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Wagon GLS
It's worth traveling 100+ miles to make sure the work is done properly. There are several recommended TDI mechs in NJ and in Port Jervis, NY. But the list may include people who have moved or who are no longer working on TDIs, so contact several. Also, you will probably want to get your own TB kit from one of the top vendors.
Thank you. I am going to goteurocorrado for the work. I have been researching how to Diy for a while and have the metalnerd and hex v2 cable to do and have my mechanic (I like the way he works, works on loads of European cars at dealerships) to do it and do it together but don't have time. Maybe the next one. FYI I driving 131 miles to go to goteurocorrado.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wagontdi82

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Wagon GLS
Meet Ramon Saturday. Was there 730 am and didn't leave till 10 pm ha ha. Definitely took care of my car. He did 2 days of work in one. Definitely will return. Highly recommended.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It is really nice to have these people around! Ours (runonbeer) moved as did his other mechanic. Now left with no one close. Glad you found someone!

wagontdi82

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Wagon GLS
It is really nice to have these people around! Ours (runonbeer) moved as did his other mechanic. Now left with no one close. Glad you found someone!
Yea i was sweating there for a bit. Was getting super close to the 100k.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Take some other business his way as well or he may not be able to stay open. You can't make a living on a timing belt every now and then. Spread the word as well to others.

vwexpress

TDI
2015 Golf Sport Wagon
So, you see a name or person on here claiming to be this TDI mechanic, says who?
Then it's just a name you search for on here fruitlessly, this is worthless.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Then don't use it and move on. Obviously you find no use from the site. wagontdi82 would more than likely disagree with you. Just because they are on the list doesn't mean you shouldn't still do your due diligence on them. Most of the well known members there can easily be checked out.

Last edited:

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
So, you see a name or person on here claiming to be this TDI mechanic, says who?

The names listed have been somewhat vetted by users. Use at your own risk.

TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)

in the first post there is a list and map of people to help service your vehicle. so you dont need to do any sort or searching. some are shops like myself, some are backyard mechanics or gurus. this should be detailed. we do not add ourselves to this list. we, at least myself, had to be vetted by multiple people at one point to be even considered.

im proud to help anyone who brings me work from here and always go the extra effort because members coming to the shop from here are usually the core of the tdi community.

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Just checked the list and my info is outdated, maybe it could be updated to the following:

Ben’s TDI Service
Loc: Nevada, MO 64772
Ph: 417-661-1057
Email: Info@MidwestTDI.com
Username: vwjettadsl

Thank you to those that make this list possible. I get calls from all over the country and when I can’t help them out over the phone it’s nice to be able to refer them to this list and a TDI mechanic closer to them.

Thx-Ben

tab2

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Anyone know of a great mechanic in the Fort Drum (Army Base) NY area that is trusted? Need some diagnostics on the engine - Blew the turbo (Ran away), R&R the turbo and it is not running right, it would not be right to pull this parts in the Barracks parking lot so I need it diagnosed and repaired (hopefully inexpensively)

The map shows a few many hours away, hoping someone relatively close so I can tow the car.

300D

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6
Anyone know of a great mechanic in the Fort Drum (Army Base) NY area that is trusted? Need some diagnostics on the engine - Blew the turbo (Ran away), R&R the turbo and it is not running right, it would not be right to pull this parts in the Barracks parking lot so I need it diagnosed and repaired (hopefully inexpensively)

The map shows a few many hours away, hoping someone relatively close so I can tow the car.
Maybe post in the MK4 forum as well? Might catch more eyeballs over there.

Good luck.

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat
Anybody near Vegas that knows how to do TB on an ALH? I’m probably 1-2 years away from needing it but thought I’d start the search now. I’ve always wanted to learn how to do more work on my vehicles so lots of beer/alcohol and food would be in order. I want to learn how to do this for myself but don’t want to dive in un-supervised! Maybe that person is doing one on their own car (or another) and I could watch and learn before my car needs it! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stella04

TDI
Jetta
Click Below :
Looking to be added to the Member Recommended Mechanics List or have someone you want added ? Click me :)
Member Recommended TDI Mechanics - By State List
Member Recommended TDI Mechanics By State Map
Disclaimer and suggestions for finding a mechanic for your car:
TDIClub is not responsible for the quality of work performed by a mechanic on this list. This list is a compilation of recommendations from other users. Due to the large quantity of shadetree and professional mechanics in our community, we cannot verify the accuracy of all information contained in the list. Skill level varies widely and the onus is on the end user to do his or her homework to determine whether a particular recommended mechanic is qualified to complete said work properly. Finally, be sure to get warranty claims in writing!
A member considering a mechanic on the list should search throughout TDIClub and elsewhere on the Internet for all the information he can find.
Then the prospective customer should thoroughly question the mechanic regarding his equipment, techniques, and the parts he uses. Here is where it's important for the customer to be educated and informed, so he will be able to recognize BS answers when he hears them.
So after viewing the list, I noticed Nebraska does Not have anything/anyone listed. Was wondering if Olstens Imports has ever been looked into Or if they're Not a "Trusted" tdi shop?
They did the Clutch , Pressure Plate & Bearing. Bill was $12-1300 which Seems accurate.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
So after viewing the list, I noticed Nebraska does Not have anything/anyone listed. Was wondering if Olstens Imports has ever been looked into Or if they're Not a "Trusted" TDI shop?
They did the Clutch , Pressure Plate & Bearing. Bill was $12-1300 which Seems accurate.
It would help if there's some evidence that they are knowledgeable about TDI engines. But provide the contact information according to the prescribed format, then it will be considered.

KRB1965

TDI
Q5
Too mechanic for the Cincinnati area

Hi newbie here
I searched for TDI mechanic in the northern Cincinnati Ohio area here based on state and there are none recommended
Any suggestions? I have an Audi 2014 TDI
Thanks in advance, it would be much appreciated

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Hi newbie here
I searched for TDI mechanic in the northern Cincinnati Ohio area here based on state and there are none recommended
Any suggestions? I have an Audi 2014 TDI
Thanks in advance, it would be much appreciated
Try Dubwerx in the Cincinnati area. Search for specifics.

woodyboyd

TDI
'04 Passat Wgn
Please add:

O'Hara Automotive
425 Gum St
North Little Rock, AR 72114
(501) 244-9618

Proprietor: Paul is very direct, earnest with no nonsense demeanor. Excellent mechanic, very well-versed. Works alone, but very capable of swift turn-around (agenda permitting). Strength not limited to VW, Audi or Porsche, gas or Diesel.

Fast Enough Performance
710 Downs
Lexington, KY 40505
(859) 258-2015

Proprietor: Chris is friendly, personable and extremely knowledgeable, with a highly competent staff. Quick turn-around capability. Very current on trends, mods and upgrades. Great strength (gas or Diesel) certainly not limited to VoA.

Triangle Diesel
4529 Triangle Ct
Irwin, IL 60901 (Kankakee)
(815) 933-4172

Proprietor: Lowe Family, generationally owned and operated. Very approachable, friendly and flexible. Despite his youth, Codey (grandson) will tackle nearly any challenge thrown at him (B5.5 --> BSM delete w/ALH oil pump upgrade, AT --> MT conversion, etc.). As business name suggests; Diesel semis, farm implements, forklifts, trucks and passenger vehicles are their bread-and-butter. Gas vehicles are welcomed.

Greg's Truck and Auto
2616 N Mattis Ave
Champaign, IL 61822
(217) 366-8229

Proprietor: Greg Johnson, highly competent and knowledgeable with Diesel or gas. Very earnest and by-the-book. Staff is very capable. Non-standard mods or upgrades not their typical fare; would bring them normal troubleshooting, wear-and-tear repairs, and out-of-warranty (timing belt, water pump, oil pump, etc.) OEM work without hesitation (certainly before letting any dealership take a look).

The best compliment I can pay each of the shops above: I've presented them with multiple vehicles from different manufacturers (GMC, VW, Audi and Jeep) with consistent success. When presenting a limping, disabled or no-op vehicle, the shops work well within my scope of diagnostics first. They readily notify me first if problem extends beyond said scope and permit me the opportunity to address the issue(s) myself. Additionally, once they've fixed a problem, the issue doesn't return.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Woodyboyd: thank you for your suggestions. These all seem like pretty decent shops. It would be great if there were more "Trusted TDI Mechanics" but sometimes there is no one convenient and a TDI owner has to rely on someone who is not exactly a TDI pro or guru.

Perhaps someone else will report their experiences with one or more of these shops and then we can actually add them to the list.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
................................Perhaps someone else will report their experiences with one or more of these shops and then we can actually add them to the list.
This is the criteria for adding to list. It's an unofficial list, your results may vary. We're lucky to have such a resource!

TDICube

Veteran Member
I just moved to southern Maryland with a 2006 TDI Jetta. Is there any recommendations for a Guru in the area?
Thanks in advance,
TDICube