Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

jpdykes

TDI
2001 Jetta
trusted mechanic... how to get him added to list

I had my mk4 tdi jetta serviced at German Auto Outfitters in Beallsville, western Pennsylvania. He did an outstanding job and I want to recommend him to other tdi owners in western pa. I've seen his name on the forums before but he's not on the list. He did a great job at a resonable price.

dgilpin

TDI
06 Salsa Red NB, pkg #2, DSG, Malone Stage 1.5 tune; 13 Reflex Silver Golf, DSG, Sunroof & Nav
Chad Stoughton is a trusted mechanic in Wichita, Ks

I found Chad through a search on this forum. I just had him do some work for me and I can attest that Chad is very knowledgeable, friendly, reasonably priced and is a person to be trusted. He replaced a fuel filter on my son-in-law's 2010 Touareg, and I had him do the same for me, plus an oil change and tire rotation on my 2006 NB TDI. His establishment is entitled "EUROTEC". He used to work out of his garage, but has just moved into a new location at:
1107 S. West Street in Wichita, Ks. His email address is:
ChadStoughton@ATT.net
I'm really glad I found Chad.

Mike Morriss

TDI
99 New Beetle, 91 Vanagon TDI conversion, 05 New Beetle, 2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I suggest Ray_G in Tulsa OK be listed as a Guru as well as a trusted shop. I use him exclusively and am COMPLETELY satisfied and more :eek:)

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi, 6sp manual
I found Chad through a search on this forum. I just had him do some work for me and I can attest that Chad is very knowledgeable, friendly, reasonably priced and is a person to be trusted. He replaced a fuel filter on my son-in-law's 2010 Touareg, and I had him do the same for me, plus an oil change and tire rotation on my 2006 NB TDI. His establishment is entitled "EUROTEC". He used to work out of his garage, but has just moved into a new location at:
1107 S. West Street in Wichita, Ks, Unit H1. His email address is:
ChadStoughton@ATT.net
I'm really glad I found Chad.
Thank you for the positive response:)

To the mods: Can I have my address updated on the trusted mechanics map?

Thanks
Chad

TDICube

Veteran Member
I am in need of a 40,000 mile service, anyone know of a guru in Va Beach/Chesapeake area ? Thanks.
Whitehead's VW in Va Beach (listed as trusted mechanic) has replaced my DMF for DSG transmission and performed DSG service. I am satisfied with Brent Whitehead's work. His shop is located on Oceanna Blvd Va Beach.
TDI Cube

GorillaBiscuits13

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS - Auto
Any recommendation for north western PA? I work there (Knox/Clarion) through the week and am coming up quickly on belt maintenance. I live in western NY generally, but it looks like the shop in Buffalo has been switched to untrusted.

Flimzy

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, 1986 TurboDiesel Jetta GL, 1997 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins
I can recommend Alejandro López Regalado at Afinaciones Especiales in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. He specializes in VW TDIs, but also works on other VW vehicles. He rebuilt my TDI injection pump, and had him replace my clutch as well. He does not speak English.

http://afinacionesespeciales.com/
Amapola No. 351 (entre Glez.Gallo y H. Ferrocarrileros)
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Colonia San Carlos
CP 44460
Tel: 3619 02 23

Last edited:

mforty

TDI
2006 Jetta DSG
Anyone know if Fisher Automotive is still in business in Northern Delaware? or if there is another trusted place other than Smith VW close by?

bumblebeetdi

TDI
2006 Sunflower Yellow Beetle (Bumble Bee)
recent service by guru

I just recently had service done by Bruce in Kentucky (paramedick). He did an awesome job on my Beetle and the timing belt and DSG service. Told me the job would probably be around 6-7 hours the first time I talked to him months ago and would charge me 350.00 for the Timing Belt service and he had the BEW deluxe kit from Boraparts on the shelf for 249.00. I bought the DSG kit from idparts and he did that service for 100.00. Little over 4 hours later he msgs me with the 30 minutes notice that he is almost done. He did the TB, DSG, and test drive in less than 5 hours and did an awesome job. Very informative on things I might want to do, things I need to stay away from, and things that might come up in the future that I want to pay attention to.
Best part of the whole day, he let me test drive his 04 JSW BEW TDI that was tuned by rocket chip with the +1 tune. That Thing FLIES!!!! Now my wife wants me to get the bug tuned lol. Love it. Thank you Bruce and Eric for the wonderful job you all did on my bug and promise you, I will be back for other services down the road.

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
From Utah, Dan Butler should be on this list (Zuks90idi on here). Pretty much a TDI/Diesel expert. He rebuilt the ALH in my Jetta. He's good for pump rebuilds, engine rebuilds, performance tuning, regular maintenance, and even CNG + Diesel conversions. He won't steer you wrong. He runs "The Car Doctors" in Saratoga Springs:

(801) 766-0585
9300 Redwood Rd
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
So Calif mechanic needed. Turbo is fried on my 09 JSW at 114 thou. I thought it was my 2nd pump failure.
Dealership says the turbo is way back on the other side so when the pump is replaced he wouldn't have touched it. 2 months ago they replaced the pump (free).
Claim the hose leaked?? Deprived the turbo bearings thus failure.
Turbo should of lasted a lot longer.
I'll tow to the mechanix.
Anyone please send me a link for the South Calif trusted mechanics site.

Thanks in Advance.

Turbo

pinghg

TDI
2000 & 2006 Beetles
Trusted Mechanics question

DuPage AutoWerks is listed does anyone have an experience with them doing 'real' work on TDI?

Need to have timing belt changed on my 09 Jetta and have an estimate which compared to VW dealer service seems very reasonable.

The cost to replace timing belt and tensioner roller and all bearings with water pump, coolant flush complete and also replace serpentine belt if necessary will be $1066.00

Thanks for whatever on the question.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
So Calif mechanic needed. Turbo is fried on my 09 JSW at 114 thou. I thought it was my 2nd pump failure.
Dealership says the turbo is way back on the other side so when the pump is replaced he wouldn't have touched it. 2 months ago they replaced the pump (free).
Claim the hose leaked?? Deprived the turbo bearings thus failure.
Turbo should of lasted a lot longer.
I'll tow to the mechanix.
Anyone please send me a link for the South Calif trusted mechanics site.

Thanks in Advance.

Turbo
Trust but verify.... get your head under the car while on the rack, and look for the oil leak. Otherwise, the service manager is BS'ing you. You want to see the mechanic working on your car out back. You've got to see all this crap with your own two eyes. If the turbo was leaking, there will be black oil everywhere, including on your driveway or on the belly pan.

Get ahold of oilhammer and PM him asking him his opinion first.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Trust but verify.... get your head under the car while on the rack, and look for the oil leak. Otherwise, the service manager is BS'ing you. You want to see the mechanic working on your car out back. You've got to see all this crap with your own two eyes. If the turbo was leaking, there will be black oil everywhere, including on your driveway or on the belly pan.
Get ahold of oilhammer and PM him asking him his opinion first.
A turbocharger can be considered bad prior to the time when it fails catastrophically.

But it is also true that dealerships frequently diagnose a bad turbo when the problem is a bad turbo control valve or even a vacuum leak from one of the hoses.

VW uses oil-cooled turbos, so I am not sure what pump turborod was referring to, that was alleged to be the cause of the failed turbo.

I recommend turborod contact Leonard Harview (username Harvieux) at Wild Rose Motors in Whittier.

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Hey Tornado,

My high pressure diesel fuel pump went out recently, about 7000 miles ago. I thought there might of been human error that set in motion of the alleged fried turbo.

I smelled the traces of a funny odor. Something akin to burning hair and flesh ( I am an E.R. registered nurse). Only when parked. No smoke why look at it, right.

Maybe the burned synthetic oil on the bearings?

Never saw any drops, drips, leaks or anything real obvious on the ground.

VW insinuated like either the turbo vibrated away from the hose or it got loose. Meaning to me they only eyeballed it for a few seconds/minutes?

I have spoken to many mechanics and have gotten various opinions and prices.

Gonna digress it and make it work for me.

cyclist86

TDI
Jetta
pinghg
Dupage Auto is great! I had the same work done on my 06 tdi Jetta and they finished the job in one day. I would highly recommend them. I lucked out because they are only 5 miles from my house.

DieselMountie

My 2003 TDI seems to surge just slightly around 40 mph, I thought I read where this could be a sensor problem but cannot remember the sensor name or the post where I saw it? Anybody have any idea, or was I just dreaming.

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
My 2003 TDI seems to surge just slightly around 40 mph, I thought I read where this could be a sensor problem but cannot remember the sensor name or the post where I saw it? Anybody have any idea, or was I just dreaming.
@ DieselMountie, this is not really the thread for your question, it is meant for discussing experiences with TDI mechanics. I suggest you check http://www.tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-8.html#p regarding your problem though.

billybgame

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Wondering if anyone knows of any knowledgeable TDI mechanics in Eastern Michigan....I'm in Saginaw, but this is considered the Tri Cities, of Saginaw, Bay City and Midland. I don't see anyone on the list here, which surprises me. Flint to the South also. There has to be some knowledge around here somewhere.

GregEdge

TDI
2005 Passat B5.5, 1993 Dodge W250 Cummins 6BT
TDI Mechanic in Central NC

I have a 2005 Passat TDI B5.5 which is smoking. It has been sitting for over a year and began smoking just as I parked it over a year ago. I am looking for a dependable mechanic within reasonable towing distance (100-150 miles).
I have called two mechanics and have not received a response from either.
Thanks

Paul_L_Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I have a 2005 Passat TDI B5.5 which is smoking. It has been sitting for over a year and began smoking just as I parked it over a year ago. I am looking for a dependable mechanic within reasonable towing distance (100-150 miles).
I have called two mechanics and have not received a response from either.
Thanks
100-150 miles from where?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk