Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

VWpal

TDI
2014 TDI Jetta Sportwagon 6 spd manual
What have you had done up there? What parts do they use (specifically wondering about timing belt/water pump). I need to get mine done and have been wondering who’s any good in AZ. I’m in Mesa.

James
Can anyone make a recommendation for a shop that can do a CP4 to CP3 HPFP conversion on an MKVI TDI JSW in metro Washington DC area? I could go up to GDM in PA, but they are pretty expensive, plus the drive is a hail. Thanks

Reactions: Ton

Jbeazytdi

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI
Blair Automotive in Carrollton TX. Extremely fair pricing, some of the best work in the DFW area.

Nathanael Greene

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon 1.9 PD/BEW
Hey! maybe this has already been said, but when I go to the google doc, all of the websites addresses look like links, but I cant click on them, and because the doc is not copyable I can't copy the links to go to the websites. It's not really a big deal, just would be nice not to go back and forth a million times making sure I'm typing it right.

cheers!
Nate

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Hey! maybe this has already been said, but when I go to the google doc, all of the website's addresses look like links, but I can't click on them, and because the doc is not copyable I can't copy the links to go to the websites. It's not really a big deal, just would be nice not to go back and forth a million times making sure I'm typing it right.

cheers!
Nate
Nate, that doc and the databases that preceded it can never be an up-to-date source for the best people in each state. People move. New people start working on TDIs and others retire or find other jobs. The regional forums here on TDI Club are still the best way to find who is really working on TDIs and where they are.

TDICube

Veteran Member
VWpal,
I do not know exactly what you need or if you are willing to drive to Southern Maryland, but Huntzberry’s Import in Prince Frederickhas helped me with all my TDI needs.
TDICube

Emerson52

TDI
2006 TDI
According to VeeDubTDI's map, this is the closest:

F&P Auto
Fred Petrella
Route 819
Hunker, Pa 15639
(724) 925-6456

You may want to do a search, find out who recommended this shop and who else has endorsed the recommendation.
Where can i find veedubs tdis map please ..

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Shop in CT who can work on my 2015 EA288?

no start issue and possibly a CP3 upgrade, not sure.

Already contacted 413 in mass but he’s 3-4 weeks out on even lookin at it. Currently driving my winter beater 2500 gasser around 450 miles a week at 13.5mpg so looking to get this worked on soon.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Shop in CT who can work on my 2015 EA288?

no start issue and possibly a CP3 upgrade, not sure.

Already contacted 413 in mass but he’s 3-4 weeks out on even lookin at it. Currently driving my winter beater 2500 gasser around 450 miles a week at 13.5mpg so looking to get this worked on soon.
I'd say that's the person you want.

Fongpei

TDI
Jetta MKIV 2004 Sedan 225k, '04 wagon 183k
My trusted guru moved from his NorCal location and I’m in search of another sensible TDi mechanic. Any recommendations?

Derramax

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 2005 Golf TDI, 1979 Rabbit 1.5D, 1964 Dodge D300 353N Detroit
My trusted guru moved from his NorCal location and I’m in search of another sensible TDi mechanic. Any recommendations?
I'm in your same boat. I live in the Bay Area. Did the mechanic happen to be in Marin county? I've been looking ever since he left. I used Tomas Sport Tuning in berkeley for a clutch job on my wife's 15 Golf. They did good work and have a big presence in the VW and Audi tuning scene, but man do they change a premium. Good work and reliable though and probably the best shop in my area.
I would love to find another mechanic that is TDI only. There is a big TDI void in my area that someone could really take advantage of.

Fongpei

TDI
Jetta MKIV 2004 Sedan 225k, '04 wagon 183k
My guy was Matt and boy do I miss having him around. I’ve used Tomas in the past and can’t justify a $2k repair bill on a $3k car. Also experience w Griffen but they really don’t specialize in VW any longer.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Shoot, we do $5k jobs on $2k cars all the time. Like, ALL the time. The "value" of the car is only relevant if you are selling it. Getting ready to put an engine in a '98 NB with well over 400k on the clock... it got tooefed in a flood.

1973 bug

TDI
MK1 Rabbit, A3, A4 pd B5.5
Can anyone suggest a trusted tech in the South Jersey/Philly area. I am like 25 mins south of Philly in Jersey

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Did you read this linked at the top of this page?

Looking to be added to the Member Recommended Mechanics List or have someone you want added ? Click me :)

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Reading there is what brought me to post this info here. Am I missing something?
Some folks expect too much from the list, but it's handy.
The only vetting we do (from the link)-
................................We look for member vouches on a mechanic to get on this list. How many we need may vary. If we have a high level technician on the forum here that refers a mechanic, chances are its going straight on the list. Otherwise we need more than one person to give a good word......................

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It is a place to start. Still have to do at least some due diligence yourself no matter who it is. If you have been around here for very long some of the names stand out. If you are lucky one might be near you.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Ok, so not a dedicated TDI shop but is a Volkswagen/Audi shop. Also has resources to dabble in BMW and Mercedes and most things Asian and domestic. He is a 30+ years in the brand.

Venture AutoWerks
106 Commerce Way B6
Jupiter, FL 33458

Mark Scott is his name, and I help at nights.

He is fair and tries to take care of people.

Jason