Trusted TDI mechanic around San Diego area for timing belt

Dieselstadt

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
New to this forum. I'm looking for a trusted TDI mechanic to do my timing belt on my 2003 TDI. I'm in the San Diego area, but willing to travel to neighboring states for a trusted TDI mechanic.

I used Leonard at Wild Rose in the Whittier area in 2016 for my last timing belt change. He did fantastic work, but has since retired.

I've looked at the trusted TDI mechanic list, but seems outdated from 2006. I've attempted to contact numerous mechanics/shops on the list and either can't reach anyone or they have since retired.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
New to this forum. I'm looking for a trusted TDI mechanic to do my timing belt on my 2003 TDI. I'm in the San Diego area, but willing to travel to neighboring states for a trusted TDI mechanic.

I used Leonard at Wild Rose in the Whittier area in 2016 for my last timing belt change. He did fantastic work, but has since retired.

I've looked at the trusted TDI mechanic list, but seems outdated from 2006. I've attempted to contact numerous mechanics/shops on the list and either can't reach anyone or they have since retired.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know if you found someone but i recommend SMS European in Huntington beach, also try posting on the Westcoast page too there are sometimes more replies there.

stevie96

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon ALH Automatic
T&K smog in chula vista. When I purchased my diesel wagon non running I drove by this place on accident and saw a tdi diesel wagon parked outside which I found out belongs to the mechanic. Didn't get any work performed as all I needed to do was time it properly however he seemed very knowledgeable. If i did indeed need any repairs I couldn't perform I would go there. Mechanics name is Filiberto

Last edited: