Transmission fluids

anitaapocalypse

TDI
Jetta sportwagen
I've read a lot of stuff and understand the whole viscosity situation with the lubricant options and different types are used in different generations of transmission...but for the love of God I've looked high and low to verify what is supposed to go into my 2013 manul tdi jetta sportwagen and I can't find a straight answer. Please help!

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
idparts.com lists 75W -80 GL-4 or 75W -90 GL-5 as the gear oil needed for the manual -3L total.
FCPeuro.com lists 75W -80 or 75W -90 GL-4 or GL-5
VW may have superceded GL-4 with GL-5.

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
You dont mention what year your VW TDI is?
i got a 2012 TDI 6 speed (titan sinto fluid 75w gear oil) is whats fully compatable with VW TDI"s oem spec its what i used
hell of alot cheaper than buying vw oem rip off fluid

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Only things I would use are VW OEM for that 6 speed, or Red Line MT-LV.

Not MT90, not MTL, but specifically MT-LV.

OEM part no is G 052 527 A2

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
i have a bottle of gear oil i bought at VW about 3 years as long as you match up that spec from the oem VW gear oil to the fuch's titan sinto fluid your golden. theres a few 6 speeds not all take the same spec mine is G 052 512 A2 from VW oem grey bottle it mached fuch's on the bottle to a T !! never paying the rediculous amount of $$ that VW wants gear shifts are smooth as butter on Fuchs

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Does that oem part # replace G 052 171 A2
It does. G 052 171 A2 has been "dropped without replacement" according to VW's "Parts on Command" ordering system that dealers use:

g052171a2.jpg

And when I use Partslink24 for the most upto date part number, this is what I get:

mk6_02Q_oil.jpg

Partslink24 is an aftermarket web parts catalog for several brands. It is put together by LexCom. Lexcom is who creates and updates ETKA for VW, so it's the same data set, just lacking a few features that ETKA has. In some cases, this is not as easy to reverse look up parts number and the compatibility of that part to what specific models, but it has a good, accurate VIN look up.

I know from experience that NFP and LHD code 02Q transmissions are also two of the more common TDI transmissions of that era. Catalog lists that G 052 527 A2 as the only/current part number for those specific transmissions.

VW has not officially superceded the 171 A2 yet, but when I manually look up the transmissions that used to use it, I get this new part number. This includes going back to look at Mk4s with 02M 6 speeds (which the Mk6 02Q is just an evolution of).